Deposit? What’s a security Deposit?

OMG THAT the POINT/Question?
WHAT DEPOSIT?!?! Haha :laughing:

And how exactly does ‘canceling when they brake house rules’ work when they have already made they stay and broken house rules there is nothing to cancel???

The irony and hypocrisy is the guy calling me a dick for saying I was ‘insulting’ someone by calling them am employee. Haha :laughing:

Also ironic continues further that this host forum has still not addressed any of my direct inquiries (you know, all of those things with ‘?’ question marks by them:) …

Yep; this forum is a bunch of “well established” host talking about how well established they are and referring to small print on bnb pages and not imputing any Personal experience on the topic🤓

Super useful. Hope you all enjoy spending your time ‘bragging’ about how ‘well established posters’ you are on this forum.

Ahhhh values. …’Important life goals’ :v:t4:

Since people seam not read and think I’m a complete idiot.

Yes cops were called right away both times for the party (they were already their, and then called again when gun was found) and then called again promptly after the attempted braking and entering.

[And thank you to the couple of people on here who actually provided useful input you know who you are :wink: (reminding that bnb is just a platform and suggesting a personal check in) and not just a bunch of -“ I would have done this” and -“ why didn’t you do that” … thoughts fokes can continue to enjoy/waist their time circle jerking each other haha :laughing:]

Oh and @Debthecat (finally learning how to post a specific reply properly; see I’m learning :wink:

The reminder that sometime you just need to lie is a solid recommendation too! :upside_down_face:

I typically try to be as honest as possible; it’s kinda one of my pep Peivs; but I’m a case like this you are 100% right; I should have just clearly stated I can’t host due to an emergency especially given I had never canceled before. … sadly sound like lying sometime is the best option for sure.

Don’t expect to get a warm reception if you continue to insult members here. It’s a public forum and people will answer as they choose. Take the best and leave the rest.

This whole post gave me a good laugh.

2 Likes

Not ruffling any feathers for the vast majority who post here at all @happilytorn absolutely courtesy costs nothing.

However hosts here did try and help @jrue ‘jennie’ understand Airbnb’s deposit system and also help her understand how to better manage situations where she had concerns around problematic guests.

Sadly @jrue then started insulting the hosts who tried to help her and called them trolls.

The reality is that if you come along as a newbie and start insulting those trying to help you…you will not get the best of responses @happilytorn.

@KKC wasn’t expecting a warm reception. But a focus on the topic of how do you get Bnb to hold a deposit; would have been nice; … versus automatic assumption of -IT something YOU did wrong and ‘you should have done ‘THIS” or ‘IF you would have just done -THIS. -That would not have happened.

I ‘require’ that there is 500$ Security Deposit.

I contacted bnb to confirm that a 500$ deposit was being held.

They told me “guest agrees to house rule”

POINT How do you get them to hold a deposits?? Or WHY would they not when specifically requested?? …

But then again this is something I did wrong. Or something I should have done or didn’t read. (Bc reading terms and conditions is where I went wrong in this situation :face_with_monocle:)

Dont worry. I don’t have any intention of participating in posting anymore

@Helsi you and I clearly have a different idea of what constitutes as ‘Helping’

It does appear that @KenH is in FACT a very respectful and helpful poster. (And that questioning his legitimacy is where I went wrong bc then I lost peps right of the bat). …

BUT, however helpful at other times he may be. IN this case NO I do not believe quoting deposit terms and talking about ‘should haves’ is helpful.

The question still remains:

What the heck IS someone SUPPOSE to do TO GET bnb to HOLD a DEPOSIT???

Bc I’m pretty sure?? (However I keep being told I was suppose to do something I didn’t🧐) so Pretty sure? I have done it all that I could have done to try and make that happen; and it still didn’t work. …

[But guess it doesn’t matter bc I will not be listing with bnb ever again]

[and no FEAR Airbnb FoRuMm you don’t have to worry about me starting another useless and idiotic post ever again either :crazy_face:]

Still think the funniest thing of this whole post is @JohnF calling me a DICK for “insulting” @KenH by “ACCUSING” him of being an bnb employee. …and then no ‘moderator’ commenting on that

Aaaaaaa HYPOCRISY at its finest :sunglasses:

(The Added ExTRAa funny part if that is that it’s such an INSULT to be called a AirBnB Employee! :rofl::laughing::joy:!!)

Sadly you are confusing two issues here @jrue

1. Your responsibility as the business owner to vet your guests and if you have concerns about the guests because of red flags, then YOU not taking their booking.

Having decided to accept this booking you could have a) had CCTV to monitor the listing b) arranged to meet the guest on arrival go over your house rules and if you still had concerns cancel the booking

You being familiar with Airbnb’s T&Cs would have enabled you to insist on the cancellation with Airbnb.

1. Your claiming for damages against the Airbnb deposit/guarantee. It doesn’t in any way affect your claim for damages whether Airbnb physically take a deposit or indeed whether you have a deposit at all.

You can still make a claim against the Airbnb guarantee and of course you home insurance for STRs.

It’s still incredibly unclear from your various posts as to why you were unsuccess in making your claim for damages.