Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Dear Would-Be Airbnb Guests: Here's Why Hosts Keep Turning You Down

Relevant article to this forum that actually cites a few posts from here and the /r/Airbnb subreddit. Think you guys may enjoy: http://www.forbes.com/sites/sethporges/2016/01/18/dear-would-be-airbnb-guests-heres-why-hosts-keep-turning-you-down/#2715e4857a0b2af551bd4309

4 Likes

Great article. Should be required reading for first time guests :slight_smile:

Seems fair enough. Although I’ve had good results with empty-profile people who communicate well in their introductory message(s). I have sometimes suggested they improve their profiles and let them know why it helps them that I’m leaving them a good review. Our very first guests had zippo in their profile - all I knew was they were from France - but they were terrific guests, and even left a twenty dollar tip!

About 1/2 of my present inquiries do not have anything in their profile, I believe because they just joined AirBnB (many showing 2016 adjoining) to be able to inquire about the place. I guess is a case by case issue, and yes HOW they communicate will usually give the most revealing information.

1 Like

Ha Ha, the quoted my post about needy guests!

2 Likes

I really liked this article! I felt more empowered to turn down a few guests after reading it who were doing some of the stuff listed in this article, and Air seems to have dinged my search ranking as a result of turning too many people down.

Yes why!!! You have asked for a discount for the only free days I have in high season in March. BTW I checked and WE are the cheapest entire place for those dates and you only have 13 options all higher then me. You have already pissed me off that what I did is raise the freakin prices for the last days on my calendar. Why the heck does someone think this is NOt insulting to me. I have had back to backs and I AM looking forward to it.

Sorry for the caps but this inquiry really pissed me off.

I always have to turn down the empty profile people. Sometimes if they have enough verifications, and messaging with them creates some level of comfort I can pre-approve or accept them. But sometimes they’ll have nothing- an odd profile picture, even if it is their face, and be demanding as the article mentions, of dates, and I have to decline. I would think it was obvious. It is a mobile booking site. But they are still sending their inquiries to people.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!