Dark hair more prevalent?

I’ve been cleaning the airbnb this eve and always note that dark-haired guests leave the most dander and hair to clean up after, lol. So much of a difference that I have mused often about charging a ‘surcharge’ for dark-haired guests and of course, I joke with my friends about it. I just want to check in with the forum and hear if anyone else has noted this or perhaps if I am just on crack?

Nah - just much easier to see speaking from a family with long fair hair and vacuum evidence :smile:

3 Likes

Howdy! I think it’s just easier to see…but we have many lovely asian ladies with very long hair staying with us and oh my goodness…the long dark hairs everywhere!!! I have long blonde hair and every time I am away and my husband finds one of my long hairs in his sock wrapped around his big toe he gets sad with missing me! lol! Maybe they are leaving something of themselves behind to say they were there!

2 Likes

I know that hosts here talk a lot about this “hair problem”, but the only time I’ve ever come across ut was when we had 3 lovely girls from the UK stay with us and all of them had long, blonde, silky hair. I could have stuffed a mattress with the hair they left behind …

2 Likes

I agree that it’s just more visible. We had a mother and daughter stay with us, both with long blonde hair, and that stuff was everywhere. It was definitely harder to see though.

1 Like

Our vacuum uses a water catchment system which we have to empty once the rooms have been cleaned. Trust me, the idea that people with dark hair leave more hair behind than those with lighter is a wive’s tale. Trust me, the amount of hair in the water speaks the truth. Everyone leaves hair and lots of it.

3 Likes

In my experiences, most airbnb hosts prefer meth. You, my friend, are an anomaly.
;}

chocolate. We prefer chocolate. Or wine.

…mm, chocolate.

2 Likes