CS rep’s ineptitude worked in my favour this time!

I got notice today that I’d be receiving an unexpected payout. At first I thought it was a scam, but when I thought about it more, I remembered a guest from Feb 2020 whose payout had been delayed. I did eventually receive payment; it was just a few days late. This new payment was for the exact same amount— something over $1000.

So I texted CS to tell them that this new payment was not actually owed to me, and was an error. I spent quite a bit of time trying to explain what had happened, but he just kept telling me why this was the correct amount.

I finally said that I was happy to keep the money; I just wanted to report the error.

His reply:
“Thanks for reporting this erro, it helps to be better…. I’m glad I was able to assist you with your concern and if in any case, you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us anytime as we will be glad to help.”

:+1::laughing:

Maybe you should donate it to some host who hasn’t gotten paid for completed bookings or whose guest demanded and got a refund for some bogus issue :wink:

@muddy Maybe it’ll go in my Mexico fund!

2 Likes

Don’t spend it yet because a supervisor might notice the error down the road and deduct it from your next payout.

5 Likes

I agree with Ritz, what Airbnb gives they can take back.

3 Likes

Point taken! I won’t get too attached to it.

2 Likes

@mica555 I appreciate that you notified them. It was the right thing. Sadly not everyone does the right thing…

1 Like

It’s happened to us before, they simply take it back from future earnings.

Look upon it as a small interest free loan…

JF

4 Likes

Quick: close your account & go to Mexico! :rofl:

1 Like