Critique my review of nightmare guest

oh, it’s fine then? Perhaps he likes to complain but still be nice in a public review.

it is, I was shocked he wrote a nice review, its a first 4 star but nothing to complain about,

Make Airbnb tell you what review policy it supposedly violated.

If they can’t name one, ask them why a guest can have an honest review taken down and if Airbnb advocates leaving dishonest reviews.

I’ve turned CS reps around by saying, “You know, this is the sort of thing that gives Airbnb a bad name”.

4 Likes

I am waiting their response, this time its slower.

First time the CS said :

I understand you’re wondering why the review you left for the guest was removed. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I evaluated your review with the guest and found no violation of our review policy; therefore, the support who handled the case should not have removed it. I’ve already revealed the review.

I got the response from CS

I checked to see if there was any system update with removing or revealing a review, but I didn’t find any. I’ve already revealed the review. Please keep an eye on whether this will be removed again so that we can look into it further. Thank you.

So strange, they have no idea who removed it

lol, of course they do. Every action will have a staff member ID attached to it, they are fibbing.

1 Like

he said he will leave the case open for 48 hours so if I see its removed again I can contact him again

he was surprised no one contacted me about review removal, but they never do inform the host I know from previous experience

1 Like

he sounds like a good CS person, i hope you got his name so you can ask for him again.

1 Like

Really? I hope so, for balivilla’s sake, but sounds to me like he’s just following the script. Tell them what they want to hear to placate them so they’ll shut up and go away. Then if it gets removed again and bali gets back to him, he’ll “be away from my desk for a few days”. :wink:

more likely: he won’t be working for them for very long!

1 Like

maybe its scripted, but this guy had better script than all the other CS I communicated before

2 Likes

Keep us posted here, I’m dying to know how this will play out and if you’ll get the review reinstated!!

its visible, the review was reinstated 2 times, I am just keeping an eye on it if it will get removed again… it must hurt he can’t book all the places instantly anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually make a point of mentioning a partner for this very reason. It’s passive aggressive and immature, but it gives me secret joy. Half joking, half not joking.

Not nice.

I make it a point not to describe relationships that either I guess at or are related to me.

In this day and age it can be dangerous to mention this, especially describing young children. If I were a guest I would consider asking Airbnb to remove such a review based on its policy guidelines of relevance and not disclosing personal information.

Oh sheesh I didn’t mean I go into a detailed description or talk about kids. I wouldn’t say “Joe and his hot mistress spent all day in bed.” All I would say is “Joe and his partner were great guests.” I feel like it is appropriate and fair to comment on both guests and if some spouse somewhere down the road sees it and realizes it wasn’t her - that’s neither my fault nor my problem.

1 Like

Huh?

My reviews mention the couple by name if it was provided to me. If not I always say “XXX and their companion” and if they have pets I always mention those as well. This is information that most hosts require for booking. And if I have someone who books for one person and brings two I mention that as well.

I don’t care if someone is having an affair and I’m not doing it in a judgmental fashion. I’ve had repeat booking from a couple seeking some afternoon delight and I don’t care how they know each other. But I’m also not in the business of protecting them. If that’s what they need, every town has a “no-tell motel.”

1 Like

How do you know it’s Joe ‘partner’?

Even if Joe introduced the person as his partner, I would treat that as something told me privately, which I would not disclose publicly.

In my view the relationship is not relevant.