Covid lockdown refund

I don’t think any host on this forum, which is privately funded and not affiliated to Airbnb, are deluded enough to believe hosting guests will make them rich.

I wish you well with your Union of Guests. What I don’t understand is if you feel you need protection from “all of the terrible things” we hosts have done to you as a guest, you continue to be a repeat Airbnb user, top ratings or not.

Respect for people staying in our homes or properties is earned, not a gift. I have had guests in my home who have been abusive and/or manipulative, behaviour not worthy of respect for them. As for not respecting guests’ **situations,**they are none of my business.

4 Likes

Good luck with that :rofl:

Maybe a mod should move this post to the “could do with something to laugh at” topic.

JF

3 Likes

You don’t need a union. You are not obligated to use Airbnb and you are not dependent on Airbnb. Vote with your wallet. If you think any other platform/company is better or handled COVID-19 better, you can simply use them for your future short-term rental needs.

6 Likes

LOL.

I don’t even know what this is supposed to mean.

3 Likes

@PoeCommunicate If what you are referring to is hosts not refunding 100% of your booking fee due to COVID cancellations, you are addressing hosts here who have pretty much all refunded guests 100% for those cancellations. Most of the hosts who participate in this particular forum are those who felt doing that was the right thing. So you are ranting to the wrong people, which is rather rude.

9 Likes

Before throwing stones, maybe spend a little more than 11 minutes looking over the forum. What you’ll find is that @muddy is 100% correct. Most (but not all*) of us on this forum have been 100% supportive of refunds for guests. I provided such even before AirBNB created their policy.

*There are a few hosts on this forum who have continuously argued that AirBNB should not have refunded the guests money without individual host approval; Between just you and me, I would not be bothered at all if you targeted your frustration at those few. Read the forum and thou shall find them.

I also look forward to your protest(s) against TicketMaster and VRBO and other organizations that, UNLIKE AirBNB, are not fully refunding guests $

https://help.vrbo.com/articles/What-can-I-do-if-my-reservation-is-affected-by-the-Coronavirus

4 Likes

I’m going to go against the grain here and say I agree that there are a lot of Airbnb “hosts” who follow policies that I think are pretty terrible. And you may have been on the losing side of “situation” yourself. There are lots of guest complaints about Airbnb and at least some of them must be legitimate.

However, the way Airbnb works is that hosts are all different from one another. The majority of us here are in the “one host, one home” category. There are a few who own multiple properties but I think 90% of us strive to give guests excellent experiences. Many of us really do go the extra mile and provide excellent value for money. We are not all alike although Airbnb does seem to be trying to make us that way.

Ironically you chose the forum name Communicate but most of your post fails to do that. One tool of communication is knowing your audience and you’ve “misread the room” as they say.

4 Likes