COVID 19 vaccinated vs unvaccinated guests - part 2

Thank you!! I needed that!!
They said I knew there would be a 3rd party!!
I don’t have a Twitter account but I’ll get one ASAP.

Nope…don’t accept this. It sounds to me when you accepted the booking you thought due to their country (area) of origin the third party booking was allowed. Now you realize it was a mistake or you were mislead by the guest.

Airbnb should enforce their TOS and cancel the booking.

If they won’t then cancel it yourself. Tell the booker you did not fully understand this booking and since the Airbnb TOS does not allow third party bookings you must cancel.

Airbnb will block those days, fine you $50 (maybe $100 USD) but since you don’t cancel often you should be able to continue to host.

If you happen to need to do some repairs to your HVAC (part not available for two weeks). or water supply lines or plumbing you may qualify as under the new vague extenuating circumstances policy.

Nothing is easy. I hate that you must go through this.

2 Likes

Never cancel a booking yourself if it’s against Airbnb rules. Take it up the ladder. Document in writing and then call.

1 Like

Thank you Anne for your support. Clearly, AirBnB is making this very difficult for me. What I really don’t understand is why the guests still want to stay at my place when they know my “rules.”
I really appreciate the response.

1 Like

Sounds like one of those hosts who thinks they’re hot s**t.

Maybe the daughter can’t book because she has bad reviews and no one would accept her? Entitled twit like her parent?

Stand your ground.

3 Likes

I thought I tried that. They made it confusing – initial response from three different people and only one followed through with a “final answer” – like a game show. I have already spent a lot of time and energy and talking and writing. Just ridiculous, I have never cancelled anyone in 4 1/2 years so they can’t penalize me according to their own rules.

1 Like

If you were going to discuss a topic like this on the AirBnB FB page, where would you place it?
Thanks.

AirBnB called to say I could cancel the reservation! Thank you all for your feedback.
Big rellef.

4 Likes