Construction on site

Hi dear Airbnb hosts,
I am a new Airbnb host and I need some advices from all of you. I will be posting out my listing this week and my basement will be under construction during regular business hours Monday till Friday 9am to 6pm pacific time. I’m offering discount to my tenants who will accept the construction noise. How should I disclose in the details and descriptions? What kind of wordings I should use?

As of today, there is a new feature. The blog post is at http://blog.atairbnb.com/guest-expectations

One of the items is noise. I would check that, and then put something like, During your stay from dateConstructionStarts - DateConstruction Ends, guests understand that they have received a discount of x% due to household construction from 9am-6pm.

However, I question why you would open an AirBNB as you start construction. Your reviews and ratings will be hurt and you might never recover.

This is never fair to guests. I closed during my kitchen remodel. Yes I lost bookings, but there is no good way to let them know about this.

I don’t feel the same about neighbors and their noise. This is out of my hands.

2 Likes

The noise of construction will be horrendous. A discount?! There is no way I would even stay for free in a house where construction was going on. Been there, done that.

You should rethink your plan and wait until all is complete because even the occasional pounding of nails or the smell of fresh paint would cause major complaints.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the replies. I will reconsider about my posting

I have ongoing renovations in the main part of my house, but I have it in all my listings, and have had a couple of guests ask about it. I just tell them it is not heavy construction and will only be between 10am and 4-ish. So far no one has not booked, nor have I had any complaints, If they know ahead of time, that gives them the option.