Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Considering listing my holiday home on booking.com AUstralia

hosting

Hi everyone,
I have a holiday home in Queensland Australia, only recently listed in airbnb a month ago and its going well, especially weekend bookings…I am investigating whether to list with booking.com or not but I am getting conflicting advice as to whether I can use Stripe or not…could anyone from Australia confirm that for me or recommend a different payment gateway?
Thanks in Advance

We do have some Australian hosts here, perhaps they didn’t see your query or don’t use booking dot com? @Debthecat @Emily @Shanghai or others?

We are mostly by and for Airbnb hosts but some others are here as well.

Stripe is good and can be used in Australia. I use booking but i suggest you spend time learning before you go live. They send a letter in the post to ensure you are the owner of the address. As booking.com is instant, have a look at getting channel manager, if you cancel a reservation on a guest in booking you will be stuck with the cost. Give your guests 24 hours to pay or cancel. Way too much cancellations on booking and set a no refund cancellation policy

My only no shows are from booking.com. The guests are looking for a hotel experience. They do some really dumb things like not let you see the guest phone number until 2 weeks before the booking. The commission is a sting, you have to up your prices to get the same return. The worst thing is that booking.com advertise that you don’t need a credit card to book and you can cancel almost at the last minute. When you ask for a non refundable deposit to secure the booking, don’t the guests get snotty about it.
The listing is also very generic as it is a tick the box type listing and they describe it from that and it takes the personal side out.
However - customer service is ok… damn near impossible to cancel a booking unless you have approval from the guest.

Sorry @Bushandbeach I only rent my spare room so don’t list on travel sites designed more for B and bs and vacation rentals. Best of luck with your vacation spot! If you’re mostly getting weekenders you may wish to offer a discount for whole week bookings to encourage longer stays. Eg 20%, I fo find this attracts people to book longer

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!