Connected hosts Airbnb API update

Airbnb updated the API connection that channel managers use, around the 11th of this month I believe.

It allows far more information to be pushed from a channel manager to Airbnb, which is a good thing.

The downside is that several settings previously only changeable from within Airbnb are now supported by channel managers, and in our case, they had been populated by default data. For the past week or so we have had same day bookings from Airbnb enabled, something we switched off as soon as we reopened last year.

Bottom line is that it’s worth having a quick check to a) see if you are on the latest API, and you are b) check your settings, again!

JF

3 Likes

How do u know if you’re on the latest version of api?

Thanks

RR

I’m not 100% sure. With my CM the interface for Airbnb has changed, so maybe have a look and see if there are Airbnb settings that previously weren’t there…

JF

1 Like

One challenge with the way you handled sending them the rental revenue is that you are responsible for that income because it will be on your 1099 statement from Airbnb. You will have to claim it on your taxes, which means whatever you pay in taxes you have lost money.

I would suggest having them send you an invoice marked ‘Paid’ so you can deduct that amount on your taxes.

Thank you for sharing how Air BnB handled the transfer. I will definitely keep that in mind if we ever do something similar.

Wrong topic maybe?

JF