Confused about stars

Air says:
What to work on
Requirement You Target
Overall rating – 󰀄 4.7 󰀄
Guests expect a consistent level of quality, no matter where they stay.

The listing shows 4.5, 5, 4.5, 4, 4.5, and 4.5 stars.
This averages out to 4.5, but they’re showing minus stars, above?

This is a long term rental, people stay for months, so I have very few reviews. The current guest has been here for nearly two years, and since he hasn’t left he hasn’t left a review.

So my questions are, how can I have minus stars, and why are they giving me grief for a 4.5 average which would be higher if not for the 4 for location which is something I can’t change. And is this going to matter in practical terms?

Thanks

I wouldn’t even list this kind of a rental on Airbnb.

We aren’t clear on this yet. New standards are in effect or going into effect soon for everyone. They want an average of 4.7 stars and I don’t know what they are going to do to people who don’t achieve that. Delist or disappear the listing from search seem to be options. Maybe just harasses you with messages you can safely ignore?

2 Likes

Ridiculous. Since when is 4.7 something to work on? That’s almost perfect.

Curious… is your guest still under Air after two years? You didn’t put them on a regular contract? That has to be a record!! Seriously, I wonder what the record is for the longest staying Air guest?

1 Like

Doesn’t the MINUS just indicate that with your average of 4.5 stars you have dropped below 4.7 stars?

1 Like

Also intrigued as to why you are using ABB and not a proper lease.

Me too. I’ve tried to fathom it out but can’t.

Maybe she has and just is saying she’s stuck with the stars from before.

I’m not sure that that is a minus sign. It looks like an “n-dash” – a kind of “separator” between the words “overall rating” an the number of the rating. In other situations, others writers might use a colon: for a separator…

1 Like

You don’t have negative stars. You have a 4.7 star rating. That’s respectable but need 4.8 for SH.

1 Like