Comprehensive review of current Covid knowledge

This article is a readable review of the literature on what is known about covid spread.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-5008#.X2SlDI9_6z8.twitter

4 Likes

There’s also a new study out on long haul plane flights. This is pre-widespread mask mandate. But if you are planning on flying on a plane and it doesn’t require or enforce mask wearing you might want to re-evaluate. It only take one knucklehead who doesn’t think the rules apply to them to get it by doing whatever the hell they want. Proximity to infected persons (who may not have symptoms) and length of exposure are seen again.

1 Like

That’s one reason I didn’t take my annual summer trip to Canada this year (which has pained me). Aside from the fact I would have to quarantine for 2 weeks when I arrived, moving through airports and being crammed on a plane shoulder to shoulder with people, even if they are wearing masks, just seems insanely risky to me.

2 Likes

I’m not flying anywhere until I’m vaccinated. Or taking a ferry, which has skipped several trips from AK to WA this summer due to infections on board. Or reopening for guests.

2 Likes

If it was nice weather and you could stay outside it would be safe.

Juneau to Skagway (if I could get through Canada) is a 6 hour trip. Juneau to Bellingham, WA is a 60-72 hour trip depending on tides.

1 Like

@KKC - thank you for posting the article.

1 Like