Complimentary Breakfast options

Here we go again. No no no no no no.

You must launder the duvet cover after every single guest. Every single time.

It’s perfectly simple.

1 Like

Oh dear.

I find that practice makes it easier. The thing I like least is buttoning the cover. Yes, I could get a zippered cover and I have two, but the button one is the one that ends up being used the most and now I have two of that particular one.

In case you start laundering the duvet cover after each guest, here is the technique I found to work best for putting that nice clean cover back on the insert that people are going to be putting their naked naughty bits on: Turn the cover inside out, tie the corners, then reach inside the far sides of the cover, grab the 2 corners and turn the cover right side out. Give it a good shake or two and the cover usually settles in pretty well. It has occured to me that if I get to the point of not having the physical strength to shake out the cover it might be a bigger pain in the ass to change the cover.

1 Like

I am such a fusspot over coffee that on my last vacation, I brought the kettle, grinder, beans and French press with me! All entirely unnecessary, of course - the local coffee was great.

Trendwise, fair trade coffee is a definite plus. Also we roast our own in the summer.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I last posted in this thread I created but I didn’t start my process until a month or so later and then Covid19 stepped in. Plus I wanted to use up all my supplies of single-server jam/marmalade/butter/coffee

What I do now is

• use small jars for jam and marmalade I freshly fill for each guest and then place a label sealing the top with the date of their checkin
  • cut 500gm blocks of butter into 4 blocks, wrap them in wax paper and again label with the date of the guest’s checkin
  • just keep a coffee jar fill of ground coffee with an external label showing the brand
  • single server cereal packets (an assortment)

That seems to work very well and it’s clear the jams and butter are being used. Next step is to think about just putting cereal into a plastic cereal container, again with a lable showing the brand so that it’s less wasteful than single server packets (and cheaper!).

Might also switch from marmalade to peanut butter since it seems marmalade is not so popular :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since we can never be sure when a new guest will arrive , even if you have a booking in 2 days there might be a cancellation. So anything highly perishable must go. Any leftover, fruits or veg or meat to. Condiments like mayo, mustard, bbq sauce etc gets wiped down and tops cleaned. Butter if a whole stick or in a tub can stay. Of course we are always well stocked with staples like rice or pasta, oil, vinegar, cereal as we like to cook when we are there and there is always a surplus. Everything stored in a clean airtight container and most spices anyone could need. Most guests are quite appreciative.

I have a self-contained apartment in the middle of the city with two supermarkets within 5 minutes walk. So I gave up providing breakfast and all I do now is provide, ground coffee, tea bags and fresh milk. That doesn’t seem to made any difference to my bookings and reviews so I am good with that.

2 Likes

I provide lots of breakfast items and snacks, but no more fresh fruit. It sure looks nice in the basket, I thought the guests would appreciate it, but very rarely was it eaten and it mostly sat around getting wrinkly and eventually eaten by me. Not spending $ anymore on what turned out to be a decomposing decor item.

2 Likes