Airbnb completely, and utterly broke my heart this time with so many, egregious miscarriages of justice, honor, authority. We were being victimized by a guest, and the person they set up in my home, so we asked Airbnb to intervene. Jim of Airbnb took the details down, and wrote back a comforting email that let me know he had heard. But he referred the info. to the Problem Resolution Department. Instantaneously I received a reply from Greg M. who never followed up with me, enquired, or investigated.
A man reserved with us, but then put his 20 year old homeless son in our home. The problem is the young man had no money, no food, no cellphone coverage.
- We asked our guest- the father- to help his son; he did not, but insisted that we should feed the son, and give him privileges outside of the scope of his stay.
- We asked airbnb to help get the young man food money, etc. from his dad (spoke with Henskae); they did not.
- We asked airbnb to intervene to remove the person from our home because we felt victimized and did not feel safe in our home.
– Airbnb asked us to sit tight and take no action until they had spoken with the guest, and gotten back to us.
- Greg M. a case manager from the Resolutions department never spoke with us, never investigated at all, but wrote one email falsely accusing me of having evicted the guest, and telling him he could not return. We NEVER did this, but honored Airbnb’s request to do nothing till we heard from them.In his email Greg M. also ridiculed and castigated me accusing me, punishing me, and executing swift, incisive judgement against us who were being victimized.
It’s been five days. No one would help for five days. No one got back to us; Greg M. ignored our requests, and no one will talk with us.
Greg M. should have asked us, “Did you evict your guest.” Instead he wrote You evicted your guest therefore…
I think he realizes he made a huge error, and is hiding from the reality of accountability.
I do not lie when I say I was in tears over this last week; and have sick headache now as I write.