Collective to sue airbnb

I didn’t say it did.

That’s why the situation I cited was ‘similar’ and not the 'same.

But I thought it worth pointing out for others that some Hosts have had delays with payouts after changing the payout method. No one is saying that this is the exclusive connection.

Plus, once the OP did change payout methods, twice, it’s possible that this further complicated/delayed the situation. [Not blaming, just saying.]

Im located to africa. Sorry i was on business travel those last day.

My payment was stop because i take time to put information about there kyc request information. Once i fill my card i received a message that the payment are no longer stopped. But it is still stopped. I did not change my paiment mehhod before that. But still the issue begin i tryed paypal and an other account but the issue remain the same.
Sorry for my bad english my prefered language is french.

What disturbs me the most in this story is the fact that the support does not even answer my messages. I find this very incorrect and contemptuous. This is the first time I’ve seen this attitude from a customer relations center.

I don’t know the solution to the problem of Airbnb not promptly sending you the cash it owes you.

Some Hosts have made the same complaint, while other Hosts have had no problem.

If I were you I would do the following:

1. I would not change the payment method again because every change needs to be ‘verified’ by Airbnb and I believe that every change will likely cause you further delays.

2. Create a document stating your email address associated with your Airbnb account and the method of payment to you (PayPal, bank Name, etc.) with your listing number [see here above: Collective to sue airbnb - #13 by HostAirbnbVRBO] AND stating that you have not been paid for the following reservations:
    listing each reservation number, reservation date and amount. See below, #7

3. Then go to the Community Center with Airbnb and state that you are a host who has not received payments on x number of reservations and asking if someone can help you. [I’ve seen Airbnb reps their help.] When the Airbnb rep at the Community Center offers to direct message you for more information, copy and paste the completed information listed in #7 below (without the preface language about arbitration). See if they can help, but don’t just wait for a response. Or, if you do choose to wait until you take the next step, wait just a few days and then go to #4.

4. Then, at the same time as you go to the Community Center, I would write the letter discussed above, requesting payment for the specific unpaid amounts as the relief sought, sending it by mail to Airbnb in Sacramento CA. This is the 30-day pre-arbitration letter. It’s essential that you really provide all the specific information. It’s not enough to say "I want my money.’ You should receive an email from Airbnb acknowledging its notice of the dispute.

5. I believe that either the Airbnb Community Center will help you resolve this, or that Airbnb will within the 30 day period go through arbitration (unlikely), make the delinquent payment to you, or ask that you go to small claims court to pursue your claim. [If they suggest small claims, come back here to discuss.]

6. I suggest that you make your correspondence clear and SPECIFIC.

It is, for example, sometimes difficult for me to understand you. You refer above to a ‘card’ but you don’t say what kind of card it is (don’t bother telling me now; it’s just an example). Some of your text messages to Airbnb say, so far as I can tell: “I want my money,” While I think Airbnb reps should ask questions to pull the relevant data from you, it’s not happening. When you write to Airbnb in CA you might need to get someone who knows English well to review it and make sure also that it has the specific information I outlined.

1. In your letter don’t dwell on your disappointment with the Airbnb reps. You might say

“I have made repeated attempts to ask your service representatives for help in determining the status of your payments to me but I literally received no response to my requests.” That’s the most I would say on Airbnb’s non-responsiveness and then move to:

"I seek this legal relief: payment by Airbnb to me for these x transactions, adding up to $XXX. I am writing to provide you written notice under the Terms of Service of this matter in a good faith attempt to resolve it.

If we do not resolve it within 30 days I request arbitration under the Terms of Service.

Here is the information regarding my account and the reservations unpaid by Airbnb:

Host Name:
Host Email:
Host Listing Number:
Host Payee Financial Institution:

Reservations Unpaid by Airbnb, numbered, Date, Reservation Number, Amount
[List]

Add up “Total Amount Airbnb Has Failed to Pay Me”

Sign and date, with your name (Host) printed out below signature, your full mailing address and phone

1. I am hopeful that you will get this resolved before the 30 days is up, but we’ll see.

ALL: How would you edit what I’m suggesting?

Hello
Thank you, I already had to do this up to step 3 with all the info, the captures I sent are just the last exchanges without response.
I will now go to step 4, I will let you know what happens next.

1 Like

Also struggling with airbnb kicking the ball around for payments since September this year.

Did you end up getting your money or suing? I am currently planning to assemble a case of danish hosts and get some publicity around it, as I have heard at least a handful of people facing the same issue.

1. Payment doesn’t arrive
  2. Airbnb sends their community supports to try and tire you out. All stating “in progress”, but no action is happening, and the ball is just pushed around. New hour, new supporter.
  3. After escalation, the customer support leadership team will continue to kick the ball around, giving technical explanations as to why Airbnb cannot make a transfer to an IBAN account number (which is obviously ridiculous, as anyone with a bank account could transfer money to an IBAN number and their payment team could transfer pending payments in a minute, while Airbnb could spend however long they want to resolve technical issues afterwards.