COFFEE, TEA , and SNACKS?

What is their house brand??? :rofl::rofl: Love Traders! :beers::beers::beers:

Itā€™s called Trader Joseā€™s because itā€™s Mexican beer. Iā€™m not a huge Trader Joeā€™s fan, but they have some products I like. They have heavy cream thatā€™s pasteurized, but not ultra-pasteurized which is wonderful for baking and candy making. I also like their cultured butter.

2 Likes

Wow! Good to know. Thanks, @konacoconutz!

1 Like

hi we definitely provide snacksā€¦the longer you stay the more we provideā€¦people really appreciate itā€¦always have a jar of Russian chocolates in the flat filled up tooā€¦for return guests even Russian champagneā€¦(but its cheap in Russia ).

just following up - you can see them on photo 16

1 Like

Confession ā€“ Iā€™ve been violating my own rule of never providing anything home-cooked due to liability concerns ā€“ all my guests are getting leftover holiday cookies because the alternative is I would EAT THEM ALL. Donā€™t turn me into the authorities, please.

10 Likes

Cookies freeze well so you could always do that and ration them out to yourself. ā€¦ :yum:

(whaaahā€¦I want a cookie-lookie!) ā€¦:weary:

Thinking of making sugar cookies todayā€¦ yes, we already had a batch for. Christmas eve. We need another batch!

1 Like

Been there, done that. I just eat them straight out of the freezer, standing there, donā€™t bother putting them on a plate.
And I am making a fresh batch ā€“ we do an annual ā€œcold beer, hot pizza, bad bowling, good timesā€ extended family get-together the weekend after New Yearā€™s.
Grumbling about being a host today. Itā€™s hovering around freezing, we had a couple inches of snow last night, itā€™s melting just enough to freeze overnight into a slippery mess. So guess who was outside this morning, shoveling and salting. Guest slip-and-falls not on the program! Not a word, tropical Kona, about your weather!!

8 Likes

Tell them thatā€™s what you provide. I always provide coffee and tea. We have Starbucks around the corner. Many of my guests prefer go there .

Depends on a sale , I buy cereal bars and fruits. But not all the time. For example if there are 3 packs of strawberries for 5$ I buy them and offer guests . I donā€™t do regular snacks .

1 Like

Bahahahaha. It is beautiful right now. Last night the full moon setting over the ocean woke me upā€¦ at 3am. Itā€™s like a searchlight coming throug the window. I heard the guests get up too, must have woken them as well. Astounding sight. You donā€™t see that very often in Chciago! I had to stay awake to watch it turning orange and slowly going down ā€¦ and when it finally sank into the horizon, a zillion stars came out to sparkle like diamonds on black velvet skies. While chilly mountain winds flowed down the mountain from snow covered Mauna Loa volcanoā€¦ The Southern cross is just barely visible over the horizon as I got back to sleep. Gorgeous.

That wasnā€™t weather, that was astronomy and stuff. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Well written - poetic even!

The further your place is from coffee shops, restaurants, and convenience stores, the more likely youā€™ll want to provide in room amenities, so your guests arenā€™t stuck with nothing. It will scratch off 1 reason to complain for some people.

However, even if you put drinks and snacks out, you inevitably wonā€™t have the type your traveler wants, or they wonā€™t be able to do it the way they want. You canā€™t please everyone. Just be very clear about what you offer.

2 Likes

Our listing isnā€™t a cheap bargain place. But itā€™s not posh either. Iā€™m fully aware that the building needs work (the responsibility of the HOA, not me) and that the rental isnā€™t swish in that the kitchen is too small for a dishwasher etc. Other issues too. Sometimes I leave a couple of bottles of water or even a couple of cans of beer.

So I try to make up for the shortcomings by providing a good guest experience.

Therefore I leave arrival snacks (packaged snacks and fresh fruit) plus a bottle of cheapo wine.

In the fridge there are items which allow the guests to have a leisurely first-day breakfast if they wish - croissants, yogurt, cereal, milk, fruit, chocolate.

I supply half a dozen assorted cups of ground coffee as a starter pack for the Keurig. Teabags are in the cupboard as is sugar and Slenda.

Because we are separate apartments, and therefore self-catering, guests appreciate these as bonuses as they are conditioned into supplying their own food items.

Guests donā€™t always eat/drink everything I leave for them. Products that are still in date are left for the next guests. It works out to be cheap to supply and the reviews are tremendous.

3 Likes

You should check out Kuju Coffee Pocket PourOvers. I have a lot of friends who bring them with them to their Airbnbs so they can ensure they have awesome coffee. Itā€™s basically a pour over in a pouch, including speciality grade coffee grounds. Could be worth a shot!

Ok, two posts promoting your companyā€™s product thatā€™s enough. Stop spamming the forum.

OMG I just looked at those on Amazon, over $2 each it had better be some damn good coffee. I would not spend the money on that for myself, let alone a guest. I have a Kureg and leave a fewpods.

RR

1 Like

I am a diehard Keurig user and am ashamed to say that the Keurig is all I offer. Now that I am a guest, I can see how non-Keurig users feel because I am missing having a Keurig. From now on, I will provide both a Keurig and a regular drip-coffee maker.

LOL. No need for that.

Thank you. I donā€™t like Keurig and prefer not to use them. The tricky part is when Iā€™m staying with friends out of town and thatā€™s all they have. What am I going to say ā€œUh, no thanks, Iā€™ll go to the coffee shop and get some.ā€

We have coffee, a couple different kinds of tea, and instant oatmeal/pop tarts from the dollar store. Most people donā€™t use any of it. But I show it to them when they come in when Iā€™m showing them around.