Clock radio ? Do you provide

Do any of you host provide a clock radio for your guests , and do they appreciate it ???

1 Like

We used to provide a clock radio. A guest set it for midnight. We overlooked that it was set and didn’t turn it off. The next guest was woken from a deep and much needed sleep at midnight. We figured that most guests have smart phones so we removed the clock radio from the guest room.

2 Likes

I have a clock [not sure about radio] in the room. It has a USB charger which a few guests from other countries have appreciated. We have had a few folks set it to their local time which is easy to overlook.

1 Like

At least one reviewer has appreciated it explictly. Several others have used it. I have a Bose clock radio with an aux cord so guests can use it as an external speaker for their smartphone or other device if they are watching a movie or listening to music. So it may not be the clock radio they are appreciating so much as the speakers.

One guest suggested I get a clock…he hadn’t even noticed it apparently. LOL.

2 Likes

I just have a digital clock - with massive lettering (2"x2") in the guest room.

Now that’s interesting. Might have been a nice touch to have a dual-zone timepiece also set to their timezone if they came from a different one!

To be honest, I don’t think so. Most people are using their phones, so the ROI isn’t high enough to get a fancier timepiece.

1 Like

Agree, hence the might-have-been. If I had found a dual-zone clock when I was looking and at no additional cost, I might have gone for it (if I had this idea in mind.)
So essentially I’m talking about a hypothetical hypothetical!

I have a very cool modern one bought specially for the room that had digital date and time etc that I bought for the room. I have recently removed it and placed it in the kitchen as guest after guest kept unplugging it to plug something else i- despite me providing 3 extra plugs on the power board for phone chargers etc and having a label ‘do not unplug’ on the clock. it was giving me the sh@ts resetting it.

If I had the $, I would get one with a docking station that automatically sets the time when you put a phone on it and has a basic button to turn off the alarm to avoid Ellen’s issue. If you can’t afford this kind of model or the radio reception is rubbish in the room- Don’t bother.

Maybe, like me, they didn’t want the light that the clock emits interfering with the need for a dark room. I tape over all the led lights that seem to be on all sorts of appliances. My window ac plug has a light as does a tabletop fan.,

1 Like

I used to have one in the unit. Every single time I went to turnover the place, it was unplugged, I assume to plug in a phone. Every time, I would plug it back in, reset the time, and put a default alarm time of 8am with the alarm set to off.

After a year of this, I removed the damn thing.

Two weeks later, I got private feedback that an alarm clock would be nice. I put the damn thing back in the room, unplugged. It had never been plugged in. That was two years ago.

So I would say it’s not worth the investment.

2 Likes

No, people use their phones. Instead we added LOTS of ways to charge stuff.

1 Like

Right. Clock radios are 20th century technology, and we are in the 21st century now. We have never had a guest ask for one. We also make sure to have USB ports on the night stand and tons of electrical outlets available for phones, computers, tablets and a variety of other devices that provide the time of day, alarms, music…whatever guests need.

No, never. Last weekend I went to a hotel and woke up early because the alarm of the clock radio went off too early. I unplugged it. I dont no how those radios work and will not spend time learning it. They never seem to work at all. People all now use phones. I have my own at home though, accustomed to it :grinning: