Cleaning services asking to use my washer and dryer for a discount

I recently got a cleaning service to clean my Airbnb between stays and they do a good job. They asked me if they could use my washer and dryer to clean the linens for a discount on the price. Has anyone run into any similar arrangements?

Sounds reasonable to me, as they can be on-site cleaning while also running the laundry.

My cleaner and I prefer to have a second set of linens ready for the turnover, so we’re not waiting on laundry. I leave her 3 bins of clean linens (1 for each of the bedrooms, another for the bath). Then I have 3 bins of dirty stuff to clean before our next turnover.

2 Likes

Ours always use the washer and dryer to do the linens. If we get there first we start the sheets. Often the guests will have the first load in the washer.

1 Like

I do the cleaning of out two apartments myself and the first thing I do - after a quick check around of the place - is get the laundry going. By getting it into the laundry first, and making the beds last, I can ensure that the bedding hasn’t lost the ‘just-washed’ smell. I have a five hour turnover so it’s perfectly possible and only a rush if I’m turning over both apartments and an outgoing guest hasn’t checked out on the dot.

You’ll need to check your bills though to make sure that the cleaners aren’t taking advantage and not using your laundry facilities for washing stuff that’s not yours.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I’l keep that in mind

1 Like