City of Denver asking for my entire yearly calendars

My license renewal just came up and i paid the fee and submitted my papers.

Last year they approved my license without any issue, but this year they put my renewal on hold and have asked me to provide all of my bookings/calendars between july 2022 and july 2023 (the license dates for my license.)

Is anyone else on this forum in Denver? Does anyone know what is going on?

I am a bit nervous.

Was last year your first year?

I don’t know of any active members of the forum from Denver.

no last year was my second year, first and second year i got my license approved without any issues, now i am applying for my third year.

i have a 4.96 rating and have been a superhost since the day i was eligible. i get along with all my neighbors and have never had any parties or other issues that could negatively affect my neighbors.

i wonder if this is a standard thing, or if i have been somehow flagged for something.

Are there restrictions on how many days per year you can rent, or minimum stay lengths in Denver? If so, I would think they are just checking to make sure restrictions weren’t ignored. Or they may just be trying to gather str data.
As long as you haven’t violated any terms of your license, I wouldn’t be nervous.
It would just be a drag for you if it takes them awhile to work through the info before approving your license renewal.

I would imagine there’s some online host groups for Denver- that would be where to check as to whether other hosts have received this information request.

1 Like

What does the local ordinance say?

Here in El Paso they are proposing regulations and one of the proposals is to have a license fee based on property value or number of nights booked or something of that nature. I can’t seem to find it anywhere online now and the city’s power point on the proposals is extremely vague.

Also STR’s are defined as rentals of less than 30 days. Maybe they randomly check to see if Airbnb owners are doing longer bookings.

Search Charley Silverman on the Colorado AirBnB hosts group on Facebook, he may be of help. Seems that there are a lot of hosts from Denver in that group, too. Good luck!

5 Likes

our city ordinance doesn’t work in the same way you are mentioning.

i still haven’t learned anything, or heard back from the city yet after several weeks.

i will update the post after i hear back, was hoping to get lucky and find someone on here from denver who might know what it is all about.

1 Like

thank you so much for the tip, i really appreciate it, ill go look now

Charley might have taken a hiatus from FB, but I do know there are a bunch of Denver hosts on the Colorado AirBnB hosts page. Good luck!

I’m going through the same thing DenverJoe. What was the reason they asked for the screen shots and what happened as a result?

Thanks!