Chesky can be your host on Air

I found this article in a decoration magazine where they show the property that the CEO makes available in Air, at the end is the link to see the publication on the platform itself. I haven’t frequented the forum for a long time, sorry if it’s already old news!
La casa del cofundador y CEO de Airbnb disponible para alquilar en San Francisco | delikatissen?
https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/756639798240652690?source_impression_id=p3_1670090789_EbnLNtj%2Blr%2BsqRd%2B

fbclid=IwAR26f98pNFRjJ54wxAclDMsf_BF1b3CQz8sQg3d2zHw4vb1O6gMjJbTDTM0

Yes, it’s rather old news. And apparently Chesky is not subject to the same rules he imposes on his hosts. He states that he will take up to 48 hours to approve a request, he lists for $0, while hosts are not allowed to list for less than $10, he has indoor cameras he does not disclose the locations of.

As for the article, “The decoration of the room has a very bright bohemian air, the house in general has that new American style, with large open spaces in white and where retro, vintage and mid-century modern pieces are interspersed.”

:yawning_face:

Every surface of the bedroom is covered in his knickknacky Airbnb clutter. I guess he thinks guests are more interested in his self-promotion than anywhere to put their own stuff.
You couldn’t pay me to have to listen to his “How I started Airbnb with an air mattress” stories.

2 Likes

FYI - According to a very close friend of mine, a friend of hers actually started the concept of Airbnb and sold it to Chesky.

I wouldn’t be surprised. As far as I’m aware, he was a design major with a penchant for architecture, not someone with a business background.