Check out glitch

Every time a guest is scheduled to leave that day, I get an email from Airbnb telling me that the guest had checked out and I should review them. Well, most of the times this is not accurate. I proceed to thank the guest for staying, and they answer that they just woke up. Is this a problem with the program? Love you all!

We have only seen this message a handful of times. It would be interesting to know what triggers the message.

1 Like

I get the same email every time it’s checkout day. It usually arrives at about 7 am (EST) - way before the guests have checked out. But I ignore it because I want to check on the apartment before I leave a review!

1 Like

yes, same here - it’s a bit annoying.

1 Like

Mine arrives about 36 hours later; but I am in Europe.

1 Like

Airbnb has no way to know when the guests leave your space. They just send an email on the day of “check-out”. Not at the time the guests leave.

1 Like

It would be neat if they included a button in the traveler portion of the app that would trigger such an email to let us know when we can head in to get started with turnover, especially for non-driving guests.

2 Likes

I imagine you’re communicating with your guest and finding out if they are leaving before your check out.

1 Like