Check-in…. when they bring a lot of people who aren't staying

I say pretty much the same things but I also say: “If you are having guests who have not been previously booked then they must leave by 9pm”. This gives people some time to have a normal dinner with friends who came over in the afternoon to hang out but not so late that they start drinking, don’t want to leave and then getting rowdy after 11pm. I also say that music and tv must stop at 11pm. I don’t enforce these rules strictly but it is a good idea to get some stakes in the ground.

As far as them turning up with more than the booked number then you need to politely reiterate at check in how many people are booked and remind them of the rule about what time non-paying guests must leave by. Or send a text immediately afterwards to the booker with a “friendly reminder” about this. I also have a backup rule that I need to know how many people are sleeping there for the fire dept in case of an emergency.

If you really think they are staying overnight then turn up in the morning and wait for them to come out. And get AirBnB to get them to pay for the extra and give them a really bad review. Usually people tell me when they will be having guests over and I remind them that if they change their mind and want to stay overnight of the extra guest charge ($15) and the maximum number of guests that can be accommodated (4).Then again I live upstairs and they know that and I check the number of cars in the morning from my window though never been a problem so far.

“only registered guests are allowed in rooms and suites” - is that an insurance thing or a security issue or just to stop non-paying guests using the facilities that other guests have paid for? I am just interested.

The more i read about it , the more i become convinced that i am not allowing 2-3-4 days stays anymore. I had so many troubles with these type of vacationers who want to celebrate something in my house, i had enough.
With corporate guys who work day and night i have no problems at all. It s been 3 months, one more to go, and we only fixed ceiling fan.

Exactly my wording… and not mandated by insurance.
Since stating this emphatically in my listing, rules and guest info document, no one has dared bring any others.