Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

Check In and Out App Feature

Last week I was out and about and got an app notification: XXX has successfully checked in. It was as if the guest pushed a button to acknowledge check in, and I got notified. I’ve never seen that before or since. I thought it was a cool feature. Usually I have the guest message me when they arrive if I’m not meeting them. Has anyone else seen this? I thought it was so handy, but haven’t had a guest use it since and I’ve had maybe 4 or 5 since then.

I haven’t gotten it as a host. I was a guest earlier this week and didn’t get any kind of prompt to use it although I have many of the notifications (like when I’ve been reviewed) turned off.

Only been hosting for a year and an air bnb user for 2 but I believe that’s always been there however less than 10% of my guests use it.

I use the step-by-step check-in guide for guests. If they follow it to the end, I am automatically notified that they checked in successfully. I’d say I get notified about 40% of the time. I’m not sure what actually triggers the notification—reaching the last page, closing the guide, etc…

Also, this is no guarantee that they are actually IN successfully. I have received the notification only to then receive a text from the guest that they don’t know their code (which means they didn’t read the guide).

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!