Cheapest place to buy makeup remover wipes?

lol you can be so earnest Ellen, it’s rather cute.

I am very aware your guests wear makeup and that you don’t but since you’re talking about buying wipes, why not buy something reusable and ecologically sound ?

As someone who does wear make up and remove it, microfiber is worthless. Too slippery. You need something wth “teeth” for lack of a better word, to get into the nooks and crannies. The terry cloth is perfect. Get a pack of cheap cotton washcloths ( I saw them yesterday at Ross for 2.99) and make up (no pun intended) a sign that says FOR MAKE UP REMOVAL. PLEASE DONT USE OUR GOOD WHITE TOWELS. TOWELS DAMAGED FROM MAKE UP STAINS WILL BE CHARGED TO THE GUEST"

1 Like

I don’t appreciate being condescended to. It’s not the slightest bit cute. As I’ve stated previously, I assume that many people won’t want to wipe their faces with something that others have used for the same purpose even if it’s washed between uses. I promise you don’t want to play who is greener with me. I’ll win.

Sigh. Ok @EllenN I shall stop looking for the positive in your idiosyncrasies. As you wish.

As is typical of this forum we are way off topic. LOL. Good luck getting an answer to your questions here. I think it must have been about this time last year that I read a thread about all the pros and cons of makeup removal methods. After listening to all sides and considering my own rental, I decided on the facial wipes from Costco. I’ve never had anything that didn’t wash out on my white towels. [quote=“barefootNM, post:18, topic:11282, full:true”]
Half of the people on this forum are saying that white towels are great because they can be bleached and the other half are saying that you shouldn’t use bleach on them because it will damage them. I’m so confused!
[/quote]

White towels are great because they can be bleached if necessary to remove certain stains. They shouldn’t be bleached regularly because of yellowing or breaking down the fiber. Confusing but not really contradictory.

1 Like

There are different kinds of microfiber cloths. I have some older, cheaper ones that are slippery. I’ve some newer ones that are awesome. It’s not just the fiber, it’s the texture.

Was it @jaquo who was surprised to learn that people use washcloths for their entire body? I think I said something rather coarse about them being used in the nether regions?

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying!

1 Like

@konacoconutz:

Ditto for me 100%. I get the Ross terry cloths (generally dark brown) for the rental. I find the Walmart one’s too thin.

But for my make-up removal, I like a little more bulk to the terry and just use soap and water. Don’t care for towelettes but will use them for travel.

Costco sells all purpose white terrycloth towels (13x16) in packs of 30-40 (?) for about $11 or so. They are found where the blue or orange automotive shop towels are. A pack will easily last 2-3 yrs. I use them in the kitchen for drying pots/pans and dishes, as hand towels and general wipe-up duties. They are very absorbent and fluffy after the first wash.

I also keep some the bathrooms under the sink for hand towel use and wipe-up. I don’t mingle the kitchen/bathroom towels because the kitchen towels do eventually become stained (carrots, etc.) and I like to keep the bathroom ones pristine white.

After the kitchen one’s become stained, I cut the towels into fourths. I fold them and keep them a little stack next to the sink so l can grab a fresh one and wash the ‘paint’ off my face. Then I take a regular size one and blot dry. After a few uses, I discard them because the edges aren’t sewn and become frayed after washing. We’re talking pennies.

I totally agree that you can’t beat terry cloth for make-up removal and giving that totally clean feeling. The texture of a microfiber cloth feels icky on the face.

1 Like

On the subject of random stains, I feel that ABB is teaching me many life skills that my grandmother has, but I don’t yet. Such as - removing various stains (after a lot of googling about how to get them out!), sewing stuff that has torn, the miracles of bleach, and cleaning various things. (i feel like i should hashtag this under MILLENIAL).

1 Like

I buy them at Costco. Still not cheap, but much cheaper than replacing hand towels. Also at Costco, I buy their white hotel hand towels. $1 a piece and when they get stained, I use them as cleaning clothes.