Charging for special goodies

I wouldn’t give alcohol on regular basis or leave alcohol for people to use. If I get nice guests and we engage in a conversation i might offer them beer or wine as if they were really my guests, but thats hospitality. A host I stayed with one time told me she kept this wine rack in the kitchen and some guests (husband and wife) drank all 8 bottles one night. 8 bottles!!! I’d probably die if I had that much!

What if you get someone really drunk and they puke over your furniture or they fall down the stairs? Too many potential problems. What if you get an alcoholic and they become obnoxious?

The thing with charging for yogurts and stuff is that some people - like me - provide a few breakfast items for free. Just increase the price by a few dollars.
I, as a guest, wouldn’t want to eat my hosts’ yogurt and pay for it. Fresh baked goods, aroma wafting through the house, well, that’s another story. If your goal is to increase revenue offer a proper breakfast, omletes, juices, sausages, fruit etc that you actually cook. Or put TVs in every room and make the place more upscale. Or offer an experience.

I don’t technically provide alcohol, but if I guest leaves some behind, I leave it for future guests. However, my short-term-rental policy covers issues related to alcohol that I provide. Not something I’d leave to chance in the US.

What do you mean with short term rental policy? Do you refer to an insurance policy or a text in your Airbnb agreement? Would you mind sharing the text? This is really helpful!

I have a STR policy on my place, I think that is what @Brian_R170 was referring to as well. I do not count on Air for anything but bookings.

RR

Yes, I meant a short-term-rental insurance policy.

I personally would not encourage alcohol consumption. What if they get so drunk and throw up all over the mattress or sofa. What if they fall in your house and get injured. They can sue you. I think it’s opening a can of worms.