Charging for more than one guest in a self contained apartment

What is still amusing me, is that @Don_Burns just didn’t get that! :slight_smile:
Or the next one. Oh wait, or…

Can you go into a bit more detail? Do you mean that the apartment is harder to manage with more than one person? I haven’t found this at all. Although both our apartments are best suited to couples, we have had the occasional single traveller with no problems at all.

3 Likes

Sorry I need to elaborate on the different listings and add another point for managing these kinds of splitting units:

If you want to offer the rooms individually you need to split as follows:

:nazar_amulet: both bedrooms together as a 2 Bedroom
:nazar_amulet: Bedroom with Queen bed
:nazar_amulet: Bedroom with 2 Single bed

It needs to be ‘idiot proof’ clear, which room you are advertising in the listing or else you can get in trouble. Ask how I know?
Because I sliced and diced my rooms into all kinds of possible combinatios - which was all good BUT I should have put in a Change Request to the individual room once it got assigned.

AND - Really important: LINK YOUR CALENDARS to make it work easy peasy.

But, doesn’t this create the possibility of 2 different groups making a separate reservation for each room? I don’t think this is what the OP wants.

That is why you need to LINK THE CALENDARS.

Any incoming reservation for any of the 3 listings will block the dates for the other2 listings.

I thought calendars could only be linked on two levels.
Level 1: Main listing with both bedrooms
Level 2a: Bedroom with queen
Level 2b: Bedroom with two single beds
With a reservation of Level 1 blocking all listings on Level 2, but a reservation on Level 2 only blocking out Level 1 and not the other listings on Level 2. (I don’t know if my explanation makes any sense :confounded:.)

In this case a reservation of any of the 3 listings should block the other two. I didn’t know this was possible. Does this imply 3 levels, or all listings on 1 level?

I list as @GutHend states with one caveat. I allow separate booking of each of the individual bedrooms. I make it abundantly clear that although they are booking the entire place someone COULD book the other bedroom and then they would share all but the bedrooms. I encourage them that if they want GUARANTEED privacy they should upgrade to the 2 bedroom listing. 95% of the time the people that book just the individual room (to save money) remain in the house by themselves for the duration of their stay, from one night to one and a half months.

1 Like

I mean all the calendaring stuff that’s talked about. I have decided just to rent it out as one apartment for one price. That seems to be working at the moment (so far only have one single guest) so I will just see how the business goes.

1 Like