Charging extra for hot tub

Sounds really cool to me. Maybe you could build a little rustic structure around it so it’s private, but roofless, open to the sky.

1 Like

Structure on two or three sides because there is a view to the south.

I don’t know about a tub for one. Seems odd.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking. :wink:

1 Like

Two people can fit in a bathtub head to feet if they are of average size.

2 Likes

Look at stock tanks at tractor supply… Metal will fit right in with the trailer

They have a 2x8 2 ft deep I think…

RR

3 Likes

@muddy @RiverRock So we’re going there again? :wink:

1 Like

Oh, believe me I’ve done it. But it’s not pleasant, imo. I think the stock tank might be better for that listing’s aesthetic.

1 Like

Oh, I used to enjoy that with boyfriends, back in the day.

Bathtubs are really rare in Mexico, and I only have showers at my place. One of my first self-treats when I go to Canada is to have a bath.

1 Like

Hey! Thank you for all your replies:) There is a fairly narrow private area that could be made into the open topped bathtub area in between the shipping container, far left and Babe the 13’ middle trailer. Towards the back rocks from the outside bed.

The front area is wide open to the sun, stars, view and neighbors, um, pretty much. I am trying to figure out what to do with that area that will be fun… tub, old armchair, glider loveseat… …

Definately stock tanks are more affordable and available and bigger than claw foots. I have seen one with a painted interior that looked inviting, but a pita to get right.

Here is my personal double ender claw foot bathtub<><> I love it xxx! Another thing I might try is to offer (in house) “Bath Spa Suite” to guests. Especially if they find the jewel box bathroom in Gypsy too confining

1 Like

That is one gorgeous bathroom :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you Jaquo! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx that is my design, all pieces bought on cl. I just found a fantastic 2 person jacuzzi tub to use! Nearby and 500 bucks… and best of all , my dh likes the idea!! Now there is another one for 200 that has 10 jets. Does anybody know much about this style of tub???

Well done - it’s gorgeous!

My mum used to have a tub like that in England. It was very relaxing.

1 Like

I had one similar for twenty years. Recently cut it up with my sawzall and threw it in a dumpster. If only I knew you wanted one. LOL. I will say mine was jacuzzi brand and I never had any problem with it. But I didn’t use it much which is why I took it out.

1 Like

ha! do you think they are very dated looking??
of course I would do a cool surround…

and would this amenity likely pay for itself?? lets say it cost 2.5k$ @50 bucks per stay additional, 50 stays would cover it right?

They are retro looking not dated. :slight_smile:

The only thing to watch for is if they’re not used for a while water lingers in the pipes and can smell funky. My mum’s did anyway.

1 Like

Yes, installed in someone’s home but I know you could pull off a fabulous presentation.

That totally depends on a market. It might get used more in winter than summer and that limits you because you are in a warm climate. But then again you are place best suited to 2 who want a getaway so maybe it would be used a lot. I don’t think it’s a terribly risky venture. If I were you I’d look at the similar properties in SoCal with hot tubs and see what they offer, what they charge and what people say about it. You can search a host’s reviews for certain terms like hot tub, jacuzzi or spa so you don’t have to read all the reviews.

1 Like

Well in summer it could be a “cool- off” jet tub for those 105+ degrees days…

1 Like

Hmmm

RR

Surely she’s including delivery/set up/plumbing/drainage and the decorative set up. She’s not going to just drop a $300 cattle tank into the yard. Then there’s the water, chemicals, maintenance.

I’ve been thinking of doing the same for years, but don’t know if it will ever become reality with the length of my list and my advancing age.

It’s so hot and humid where I live in the summer and don’t have space or $ for a pool, but a cool-down tub would be awesome.