Charging Dog fees

I am now accepting dogs. In my listing I have Dogs accepted with permission from the owner. Dog fee $75. How do I tack on the dog fee after they book?

1 Like

You can send them a request for money through the Resolution Center. And put it in your house rules.

2 Likes

My dog just raised her paw!! “Me, me…”

1 Like

Good idea. I will probably add fee to mine too

1 Like

I put in the house rules that pets must be pre-approved. It allows me to vet the guest on how they parent their pets, which I believe, is what makes a successful doggie guest vs any size or breed or anything else. We don’t actually charge a fee though.

4 Likes

I don’t allow any pets - but that hasn’t stopped guests from bringing them :wink:

1 Like

What did you end up doing about it? And did you mention it in the rebiews?

Send the charge through resolution center. They won’t tack a service fee on it that way. Tell guests to check their e-mail to accept the charges - it doesn’t come through the normal Air messaging.

As others said, put any details in your house rules. Do you want to make it contingent on pre-approval? Any requirements for what is done with the dog while their people are out? Some hosts ask that they’re crated and put a time limit on how long Fido can be left alone.

Militaryhorsegal shared the tip that we can send the direct link in messaging. I send it with the resolution number tacked on at the end like this in a message:
" https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions/1234567 is the link to find the pet fee request."

2 Likes

Oh, that’s clever. Thanks for passing along that tip!

1 Like

Remember you can not charge for Assistance Animals and that most Dogs will fall under that definition.

Hi, Como, nice to hear from you. I don’t understand this comment.

I charge for 95% of the dogs that stay here without a problem. Luckily most people don’t lie about their pets.

2 Likes

I have just had a bad experience with dogs. I have had many, many dogs without any problems at all, and no one has ever tried to pass them off as service dogs. Because of my recent experience, though, I urge you to discuss with your guest if they are aware of how their dog handles new situations and new accommodations (my guest was aware that her dog was a barker, but didn’t care, apparently). Also, ask them what arrangements they plan to make for their pet if they will be gone for a length of time. Many of my guests have gone out for the day. However, in most cases they explain that their pets are used to being crated, at home, while they work so will be sleeping during the day. That sort of thing. I let them know that the pets must be crated or gated into one room while they are out. Also, if the pet needs a distraction, such as music or a TV on, that can help. I’ve have dozens of pets, and multiple dogs at a time, and never had a problem until recently. I had failed to clarify these things ahead of time (I forgot to send my Pet Addendum). Never again!

2 Likes