Charging a fee for a service dog?

@jefferyshall Welcome to the forum, looking forward to your participation!

RR

2 Likes

Luckily Iā€™ve always found that pet owners have been particularly careful when doing the pre check out cleaning. Although I once found dog hairs in the kitchen sink. And it wasnā€™t one of those tiny dogs so the mind boggled a bit.

1 Like

I may have been guilty of rinsing the dogā€™s brush into the sink but I certainly wouldnā€™t have left trace of it.

Or maybe I would have, but probably not because I have always been aware of dog hairs as a thing to clean up. But this whole thing with all of the hairs, so many hairs, I was completely unaware of before I started hosting. Iā€™m a tidy person, a considerate person and a 5-star guest but I know that I was just truly unaware of all the hairs that I must have left behind before I started hosting. I shed more than most and cringe at the comments my previous hosts must have made. I travel with a lint-roller now.

2 Likes

I am both an Airbnb host and I have a trie service dog. You are incorrect regarding hotels being allowed to charge a cleaning fee. That are notallowed to do this by Federal law. Service dogs are considered medical equipment, much lime a wheelchair, not pets. See the ADA government website for commonly asked questions. This site would mot allow me to include a link but if you do a Google search for ā€˜ADA (American Disabilities Act) cleaning fee for service dogā€™, the link will come up.