Challenges with finding cleaners

Actually, our state has been open for a long time.
STR rentals fall under the category of “Lodging” now.

I’m sure like you, our STRs have been in great demand as people are afraid of going to hotels where 1000s of people have been, instead of renting a home where only a few people have been.

There’s your answer. They apparently all read off the same script.

2 Likes

As you like, @KKC . I was interested in how other Hosts were dealing with the cleaning issue.
Goodbye

You have been here a couple hours, you have not seen anything yet.

Then don’t, feel free to scroll on by

RR

1 Like

Nope, I haven’t taken bookings since March as I want to be part or the solution rather than problem- not encouraging people to travel during a pandemic.

Also my listing is a home share, so not safe for me or guests to share common spaces. But even if I had an entire house listing, I would still be closed for the reason I stated.

Regardless of what local regulations were.

How’s that infection and death rate in your state that’s been “open for a long time” ?

3 Likes

Are you correct, @RiverRock. This seems to be more of a political/slam site with a little bit of Hosting advice thrown in for “good measure”.
Goodbye.

Goodbye! Maybe Reddit is a better place for you, they never go off topic.

Oh, and you are the one who brought politics into this and your other post when you changed the title.

We will miss you, but likely not for long.

RR

1 Like

Aw, can’t we keep them?

Puleeeeeze!

JF

1 Like

And risk dying? Nope. And it’s not free money. We all know that. But Congress can go ahead and tax the 110 billionaires in the US whose wealth increased by over a trillion bucks in the past year to claw back The Loser’s horrific tax cuts for the rich. It’s about time they paid their fair share.

5 Likes

There’s one Goodbye

There’s another. That’ two … Do I hear Three?

1 Like

No worries, River, et al.
I’m sure we can all ignore one another.
Helen Keller can see what’s going on on here… “Big Fish-Little Pond”

I’ll say “goodbye” to the little “gang” here, but not the site, as I did receive some actual information from a few of the normal people on here.

Sadly, I can’t seem to find the “Block” or “Mute” button

Ta ta!

This is some excellent advice. I was thinking of maybe someone with high functioning Autism, etc.

I did try hiring a couple of people who were recovering addicts, but that ended up in disaster. (I realized that I am not in fact, a great social worker :wink:
I’ve been mostly been hiring college students and training them, which was working out really well, but since Covid hit, it’s really hard to compete with “free” money that is being thrown at these kids… Oh well, this too shall pass.

By “normal”, you mean those who think their cleaners were lazy butts who were collecting “free money” because they chose not to expose themselves to COVID by being expected to clean your houses right after guests checked out so you could turn the place over for same-day check-ins?

3 Likes

For someone who professes to not want to bring up political issues, you are very clearly trolling.

In addition to not being a great social worker, you are not very good at disguising your real intentions or identity.

7 Likes

Probably ended up working for you because a) they were desperate and b) from your perspective they were cheap, and desperate.

I’ve changed my mind, I don’t want to keep you. We have standards when it comes to pet trolls and you are just so not up to scratch.

I have to ask, where were you on the 6th January?

JF

6 Likes

You mean when we prioritize safety over money making it’s harder for the “haves” to take advantage of the “have nots?” It’s not free money, it’s just money that’s being spent in a way you don’t approve of. There are a lot of things the government spends money on that I don’t agree with but I don’t sarcastically call it “free money.”

Did you know that the US government gives veterans “free money?” Like they just stop working after 20 years and then get free money and health care for the rest of their life. And farmers are some of the worst. Did you know they literally get billions in free money to not grow anything? Or if they do grow something there are tons of other hand outs to pay them more than their product can actually get in the so called free market. Oil companies too. And you know what the border patrol does all day? They sit in their cars and watch the border. Sometimes for hours, just sit there smoking cigarettes, texting and listening to music. And don’t get me started on what the military wastes money on. They are the real welfare queens.

7 Likes

You left out the single moms struggling to raise 3 kids on their own, with deadbeat dads, who get some govt. assistance.

Do nothing all day but drive the kids to their sports practices, deal with mountains of laundry, shop and cook and clean the house and take care of the yard, and help the kids with their homework. Total slackers, those freeloading moms.

2 Likes

No… in the UK we are in lockdown because like you we live in a country where millions have the virus and tragically here over 100,000 have died.

That means only essential travel is allowed so there is very limited demand for STRs.

In your situation I wouldn’t begrudge anyone the opportunity to opt for benefits so they don’t have to put themselves at risk by travelling to and cleaning properties which have been occupied by multiple guests who choose to travel during Covid.

4 Likes

I’ve had big challenges finding someone who truly pays attention to detail. Most housekeepers aren’t familiar with the standard Airbnb guests have come to expect. When I sent the Airbnb Covid cleaning protocol to my previous housekeepers they never came back.

If you can find someone to train and are willing to pay a decent wage (I paid $25/hr), you may get lucky. I’ve gone through 4 housekeepers… I’m done looking. Fortunately I live around the corner from our rental so can do the cleaning.

Yes, good suggestion. My cleaner got 2 4-star reviews in a row last year, so after asking her if there are any reasons for the low rating, I offered her a bonus for every 5 star review. It provided a good catalyst for getting 5 stars. :+1:

1 Like