Can't find USA Tax Info or even my 2022 Earnings Summary on AibBnB. Should I panic?

Getting ready to do USA taxes and there is no earnings summary on the AirBnB platform for me regarding 2022, only from 2021.

Earnings to date was there a month ago and now it’s vanished. What happened?

I keep books so I can easily generate my earnings summary, but it’s important that their 1099 filing has the exact same income number as I do, to the penny. So I can’t do taxes with info from AirBnB.

Does anyone else already have their tax info from AirBnB?

Sorry, no good advice here since I printed mine.

Earnings summaries aren’t ever available until the 31st of January.

I never even attempt to begin working on taxes until mid Feb so I know I have all my stuff. Brokerages have until 15 Feb to mail 1099’s.

4 Likes

Did you have 200+ transactions through Airbnb last year? I only ask because you only have one listing and have mentioned that you do longer stays. And if you don’t have 200+ transactions you won’t get a 1099 from Airbnb for 2022 (so neither will the IRS, so nothing to match to, just use your records, there’s nothing to wait for).

edit to add: Yes, my “earnings summary” for 2022 is available for me under my account, under “payouts”. If yours isn’t there yet it will be soon. But, tbh, I usually just run a csv from the transactions page anyway.

Just a reminder: The new 1099 requirements (a total of $600+ earnings) have been delayed until 2023.

Whether or not you get a 1099 from Airbnb for 2022 will be the same as in the past. You will only get a 1099 from Airbnb if you have both of these: 200+ transactions and $20,000 in
earnings. If both of those things are not true for you then you don’t need to wait for a 1099, because they aren’t going to send you one.

1 Like

Thank you! I saw this but thought that can’t be right, given my gross earnings are just under $23,000 for the year.

The IRS is requiring 1099s for folks with more than $600 on Venmo, but not me?

1 Like

Lol, no. Their plan was to require 1099s for everyone who had $600 or more through a third-party payment processor (Airbnb, Venmo, etc) for 2022 but they announced in Dec that they are now going to wait until 2023 to change to that. So 2022 is the same as previous years.

I don’t know if Airbnb even mentioned it to anyone. Maybe they sent out an email that I missed but it seems like they didn’t update anyone. I collect rent through apartmentsdotcom and they sent me an email about it, as did Paypal.