Cannot EDIT anything in my, "Title and Description"

It has been about 2 weeks since Airbnb has botched my ability to EDIT anything in my “Title and Description”. There appears at the top of the area, a box that says, “PLEASE FILL OUT ALL LISTING DETAILS TO SAVE YOUR UPDATES.” I have gone over the entire thing with a fine toothed comb & every detail IS completely filled out, yet the box remains at the top & the ‘save’ button remains inactive. They suggested I clear ‘cookies/cash’ but it’s NOT that. I also tried another browser…it’s NOT that. The box was generated BY Airbnb. One of the guys I spoke with at Airbnb didn’t know anything about it until he put me on hold for a minute while he checked his own Airbnb page & sure enough, he has the SAME issue. They say they’re ‘working on it’ but still isn’t working. WTF? Anyone else??? Again…I will appreciate any ‘HELPFUL/INSIGHTFUL’ comments & filter out the comics.

1 Like

Have you tried editing it through the app instead?

1 Like

Sorry Mark, but I can’t give you any, only commiserate with you. I had exactly the same issues trying to edit yesterday and had to give up despairingly. I was worried that I’d mess the whole listing up if I kept going any further.

Thank you for trying to sort it out with CS. I didn’t have the energy left! And all I was attempting to do was edit photos. I only needed to put pics of our new Receptionist and Under Butler up (new cats…), but then I couldn’t tell which one was which. Hey ho.

I w

Like @georgiahost, when I edited through the phone app this week, it worked fine. I was unable to get anything to save when trying on my laptop.
I was editing the house rules section.
In my case, the SAVE button wasn’t greyed out. It was pretending to save, but then not saving. Very frustrating. I can see why you have no patience for comedy right now, @Mark_Patterson.

Hi all,

I have had the same frustrating issue. This error message is not user friendly at all. It is totally misleading the user.
The problem is that you are not respecting one constraint and it is not telling you which one.
The best way to get around the issue is to only do minor modifications one by one, so that you can easily guess what is the problem.
For example in my case:

• My description was too long, I had to shorten it.
  • When adding another language, make sure you will up at least the summary and the description.

Hope this helps. Cheers