Cancellations for arrivals between 14 March and 14 April

I don’t think anyone disagrees with you. It’s sad for so many involved. I sincerely feel for the hosts that rely on Airbnb for income. In addition, this could be the kind of thing that really ends companies like Airbnb if it goes on long enough. At this point I think many American’s still believe that the COVID-19 infection isn’t real. When they finally become impacted even more will be cancelling. Unfortunately limiting contact is the best way to prevent it.

I have to agree with others sentiment. This entire situation isn’t the fault of the guests or hosts, but you can’t expect customers to pay for a service they didn’t get, for a reason they can’t control. That would be no different than saying “well they walked into Old Navy to buy something, and then they didn’t for whatever reason, so now they have to pay for half of the shirt!”, only they don’t get to take half the shirt home.

1 Like

If you are not hosting the guest. If you are not providing the service. You are not entitled to any money. What the hell dude.

Welcome to the forum, @Kapkup!

Unfortunately, no travel insurance policy covers epidemics or pandemics. Including the “cancel for any reason” policies.

1 Like

Agreed. Is anyone else annoyed enough about this to get together and approach airbnb?

You’re a little late to the party. Check out the COVID19 section on the Airbnb Community Forum.

2 Likes

So many Covid19 threads but I will post my experience. This is not a crticism - just an account of my experiences. I have 2 bookings cancelled under EC . Then another requests from guests that were not covered by EC but by an existing AirBnB cancellation policy. One was made 19 March and requested cancellation 22 March. I agreed with no penalty since because of Government restrictions they were not permitted to enter the country. Their booking was made a while ago from their own country so I doubt if travel insurance would have covered it.

Another was made in January from a guest in the country for a booking 9 April I also agreed to the cancellation because the country is complete lockdown and all travel apart from essential is barred (not entirely sure how enforced though). Money lost but that is the world today.

1 Like