Cancellation modification by country

This is the first time I have seen this so I thought I would share.
Has anyone seen this for other countries?

1 Like

I have seen this first time yesterday also.
I also have one question about cancellation, what if I don’t accept a booking request, let it run out of 24 hours. Does it still count as a deny?

AFAIK it’s only for Korea. Those pesky regulators…
http://pulsenews.co.kr/view.php?sc=30800025&year=2017&no=654818

1 Like

I think that’s a completely issue @Ping

The original comment relates to making a booking in Korea.

If you have a booking request you need to confirm or delete within 24 hours or this will affect your rates.

@Ping – start a new discussion, do not insert a question in the middle of another discussion.

I guess the lesson here is to not book South Korean guests more than 30 days out, or unless you’re willing to risk losing 50% of the booking fee if they cancel after 30 days.

The good thing is that you can refuse the reservation without penalty “Cannot accept due to South Korean mandated cancellation policy.”

1 Like

Not IN KOREA… From Korea. Their government imposes this on US, no matter where we are, for their citizens.

I have flexible cancellation policy anyway so it doesn’t affect me This is going to guarantee that South Korean guests have a hard time booking many Airbnbs, especially the vacation rental type places that are hard to rebook last minute.

I’ve had this come up a few times, having hosted a small number of guests from South Korea. Haven’t had a problem yet! It’s like anything else, you know that it’s going to be fine most of the time. I might decline if it was for a particularly popular set of dates and I didn’t want to take the risk, but so far that hasn’t been an issue.

Pity they can’t focus on fixing real problems in the region