Cancellation by Clever Guest

Some of this may help:
t.ly/Jl2y, t.ly/yXcC, t.ly/AtmL, t.ly/VqRv,
Naturally, you will also need one or more ways to accept payments. I would caution against some where it may be overly easy for a Guest to dispute charge and have the monies held/reversed/etc.
Of course, you must have your own Contract. This is key. Then, if there is a payment or other dispute you have in writing and can point out “this is what they SIGNED and AGREED TO”.

Oh that’s brilliant thanks Jefferson, that’s very kind of you to send that through - i will check it out shortly! Kind regards Hugo

1 Like

If you require guests to sign a contract, I suggest an on-line esignature website like DocuSign (that may not be the best for you, but it’s very well-known). I managed a marketing group in a major US company, and our lawyers agreed DocuSign was a legally-binding contract. And it’s far easier than the old days of making guests print out contracts, sign them physically, scan them in and email them back. It also tracks when they open the contract to look at it - I’ve had a few people open the contract, then I never hear from them again!

2 Likes

Thanks for that, actually I have a pretty good booking contract already that guests sign, my original query was more to do with whether one should take longer term bookings from Airbnb because they don’t seem to have a very good system of collecting payments month by month. And if someone doesn’t pay they just send an email saying “we are not liable”. Which is obviously not great as then you have a guest in situ who hasn’t paid. It also negates the cancellation policy (I just had someone cancel two days before arrival for a 3 month booking, and they just cancelled their credit card. AB don’t take payments up front seemingly, so no cancellation fee either). So we were debating whether to decline AB longer term bookings, and try to find the longer term bookings from elsewhere. Here in London right now, it is all month + enquiries …

+1 for Docusign. You may need to pay some kind of subscription (not sure), but it is easy and used in many real estate transactions.

Just set your listing for the maximum and minimum number of days you will allow, and then tell guest “no” when they ask.

I would never rent through Air for longer than 21 days. My max has usually been 7 days.

2 Likes

I think the common-usage definition of all the variations is the same: the person or entity doesn’t care at all. I don’t think people who use this expression and variations think about literal grades if caring. ( I’m a word nerd writer editor also. )