Can you share your house rules?

but what is TAINTED glass? Is it glass with a past? :smile:

3 Likes

If those candles could talk!

4 Likes

“sorry no handcuffs, swings, etc.”

…just a picnic table with freshly-applied resin.

2 Likes

How did you know about the picnic table and the 2 French couples…I must have told you that story already.

(God are we thread hijackers today, must be Sunday).

1 Like

nah, Monday morning in my world, good to have a Monday funny!

When I asked one potential guest to confirm that he had read the rules, he wrote back that my place was like Alcatraz (which also happens to be a local attraction :slight_smile:). He thought his comment was funny and didn’t book. I do have a lot of “rules” but have had several people comment that they are really just common sense. So, I guess you could say that I just want to confirm that we both agree on what is “common sense”.

2 Likes

Hahaha yep, just wish common sense was more common

3 Likes

I actually have the statement before the rules: “I consider most of my rules to be common sense but experience has taught me that I must be clear.”

7 Likes

I might have to steal that! :wink:

1 Like

"pique your interest.

How embarrassing!!! Thank you!

I don’t think you were specific enough. It still looks like you’re inviting people to eat (share) dinner with you. Why not say, “We enjoy having guests in our home but prefer that they respect our privacy as we go about our daily routine.”

1 Like

I have happily stolen this and it is now in my guest document. Nicely stated!

2 Likes

That term is so subjective, and vague. Everyone has a different definition and how it applies to whatever situation is at hand.

It’s best to be very specific.

1 Like

Exactly my dear Watson. !!! This is why you must put the disclaimer in your guest info document. :smiley:

Such as: please no wet towels left on the beds; please turn off lights and air conditioners when not in the townhouse; please wipe up any spills … seriously, so many guests have not done these common sense things (about a third of my guests for the towels) that I guess I need to spell it out. Unless people were raised with maids following them around cleaning up after them, any adult from anywhere should know not to leave wet towels on a bed and to wipe up spills.

1 Like

I like what you have said

Oo, tell me about this little lock–the generic name please so I can research them.

I don’t follow any special rules. But I would like to learn about these rules which should apply to keep my house safe and sound.

I’m sorry I don’t know the generic name. I bought it at one of the giant home improvement stores here in the US, probably Home Depot. I take a better picture but I have guests booked in the next four nights. Maybe @Flyboy will know what kind it is. It mounts to the back edge of one door and there is a hole in the opposite door (these are bypass closet doors). The lock has a pin in it that pushes into the hole. A key is needed to turn the lock and release the pin back into the housing. But because these are bypass doors that just hang from a track on the top of the door frame it’s not hard to push and pull on the door and force past the lock. I could use a lock with a longer pin if I could find one.

For the most part I just leave the closet unlocked. For some strange reason my guests don’t take the stuff.