Can you ask for Govt. Photo Ids (Insider are you still on the forum)

This is meaningless as Air will not share it with you. What happens if you need to file a police report for a major theft and all you have is a Air profile? Air may give it directly to the police, after a delay…

RR

It is a faulty premise. I don’t expect police to solve a crime if I am robbed.

What if you need to file a police report in order to make an insurance claim?

Yep, that’s the only reason I would call them. Procedural. And I demonstrate to my insurer that I did my due diligence by requiring ID verification according to the procedures available to me on whatever given platform, and making appropriate reports timely and accurately.

1 Like

Neither do I if I cannot tell them who robbed me… But if I give them a copy of the ID I would expect some results.

RR

1 Like

Have you ever actually been robbed? Cops don’t solve robberies. I called the cops one time while they could easily stop the person driving away in my car. They basically yawned and showed up hours later to take a report.

While ABB will not disclose the information to you they will provide any requested information to police if needed. Unfortunately I did have an issue that had to be addressed by the police where an individual was placed in custody and then jailed for their offense. I can not disclose the particulars of the case as it is still ongoing however being friends with the police chief enabled me to ask if ABB provided the information they requested and replied with affirmative. So maybe there is hope yet.

1 Like

I think that Airbnb policy is against hosts requiring ID. Airbnb’s verification is ID.

As a guest, I am happy to show ID in person but will not send it ahead out of concern for identity theft. I don’t know you as a host any more than you know me as a guest.

If an Airbnb happens to be a proper hotel, they can take a photocopy, as a hotel probably has commercial insurance that covers their liability for identity theft.

If your insurance, HOV, or laws where you live require their id then you are allowed together. You are also allows to ask for name, age, address ahead of time for you and your guests and visitors. In the US you are allowed to ask to see Govt. ID when they arrive. (I know all this because of an issue I had earlier in the year regarding IDS.)