Can I rent my apartment at $0 per night?

What is the minimum price I can set for my house? Can I rent it at no charge if the guest meets special conditions: handicapped, veteran etc

Thanks in advance.

If you rent it for 0 dollars- how will Airbnb get their pound of flesh?

You can’t automate the system to check those parameters and under those conditions offer a free stay. You’ll need to add a note in your description and then manage free nights manually through special offers or refunds.

I think you need to charge a minimum 10 USD per night

You could offer the difference ($10 minus airbnb fees- I’m assuming you don’t want to end up paying people to stay with you) in a gift card to a local restaurant or coffee shop.

Some folks don’t like charity, but everyone likes a gift card. :smiley: Plus, then you support a local business.

If you want to let someone stay free of charge, just block off the room for those dates and invite the person.

1 Like

You can’t because the system will block all contact details. If it it’s for emergency situations like hurricanes or whatever, Air usually has a donation program for guests. Also, guests will have to pay the service fee.

This is no longer the case. When AirBNB does the disaster program now, they waive the fees.

2 Likes

Good point, thanks…

Contact Airbnb and they will probably set up something for you. You might want to have the reservation in the system.

Yes… I am sorry, my answer wasn’t clear. I meant if you wanted to give it away, disaster or not, they would still have to pay the service fees.

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it