Calendar sync with google not working

Calendar syncing is not working. We use Google Calendar and after trying several times to set this up to sync, it still won’t sync. Nothing on our Google Calendar shows on the Airbnb calendar. I’ve asked for help from support. The very nice and responsive Airbnb tech said they are at a loss as to why it isn’t working and suggest I contact Google but in the meantime, to put my unavailable dates in manually. Any other suggestions?

We are having the same issues! It’s really fudging up our bookings, as well. I’m having to go in and manually add all the missed Airbnb bookings to the Google cal, so that all my other bookings sites are kept up to date. More than once I’ve had to backtrack with a guest and tell them it’s no longer available… grrr

It happens from time to time and I’ve never figured a way to fix it, even when I worked at Airbnb! Tech is so slow there.

Yeah, mine wasn’t working at all in the beginning. Then it did for a bit. Now it isn’t. Airbnb support said to contact Google but I never did. It is really a problem and may cause me to not use Airbnb. I really like other aspects of it. I could never rely on Instant Booking with Airbnb as a result.

Heyy…

Anybody found out a solution for this?

I’m having the exactly same problem!

Some of the AirBNB bookings simply won’t appear on my Google Calendar!

No solution. Still have the problem here.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you tried all these steps (both importing and exporting)?

How do I sync my Airbnb calendar with another calendar?
If you list your space on Airbnb and other websites, you can prevent multiple guests from booking the same dates by syncing your Airbnb calendar with your other calendars.

Calendar importing

Calendar importing allows you to automatically keep your Airbnb calendar up to date with an external calendar that supports the iCalendar format, including Google calendar or the calendar on HomeAway or VRBO.

To import a calendar:

Click your name in the top-right corner of airbnb.com
Select Your Listing
For the listing you want to edit, click Manage Listing and Calendar
Click Settings in the top-right corner of your calendar view
Under Sync Calendars, select Import calendar
Paste your calendar’s URL in the Calendar address (URL) field
Name your calendar
Click Import calendar
If you edit an external calendar that syncs with your calendar on Airbnb, it will take a few hours for those changes to be visible to guests viewing your listing.

Calendar exporting

Calendar exporting lets you view your Airbnb calendar on an external calendar that supports the iCal format. To export your calendar in iCal format and add it to your external calendar:

To export your calendar

Click your name in the top-right corner of airbnb.com
Select Your Listing
For the listing you want to edit, click Manage Listing and Calendar
Click Settings in the top-right corner of your calendar view
Under Sync Calendars, select Export calendar
Copy and paste the Airbnb calendar link into your iCal applications

Yep, tried these instructions for importing our google calendar into our listing several times. Airbnb support said to contact Google. Google said to contact Airbnb.

I just pm’d you with another suggestion.

My airbnb calendar synched flawlessly to my google calendar for years - until today! My newest reservation is not showing up. Airbnb may point to google, but I do not have this problem with any other calendars I synch to google. The common denominator is…

Any news from anyone?

Hi
No problem to import the Airbnbn Calendar into Google calendar. But the oposit don`t work. The instructions are clear but importing has no effect.

I see this is an old topic, but wondering if there is still a problem with Google calendar and the syncing. Its showing many dates, basically from the beginning of my next booking, until the end of my last one, as dates unavailable.

On airbnb these dates are clearly available. Does anyone know if the google vs airbnb issue has been resolved?

Thank you so much.

I’m in the same position here… The issues:

• The sync process is not instant.

• At the Airbnb website, the reservations are shown up until the morning of the checkout day. When you sync the calendars with Google, the reservation only shows up until 12:00am the night before the checkout.

• If you want to share the merged Airbnb/Google Calendar with someone else (let’s say Housekeeping manager), then you need to duplicate the event from Aibnb into your Google Calendar so that person will be ale to look at it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis

1 Like

Based on my experience, iCAL is not a reliable technology to sync calendars. I would suggest trying using channel manager.