Broken Dishwasher Discount?

Oh dear—pump to be replaced? Or will you buy a new dishwasher? I’m always surprised at repair costs vs. new

What is a shop vac?

It’s a large wet/dry vacuum, usually used in a garage or workshop.

1 Like

At this point I’ll just replace it as it is old.

What JKamm said. This is what I have:

I understand. The cost to repair my 13 yr Bosch was $100 less than purchasing a new one. At a certain age, you know something else is going to wear out soon.

Sometimes I feel that about myself
:wink:

1 Like

Yup. Right there with you on all counts. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thought I sensed a bit of consternation from the guests I checked in last night when I told them the dishwasher was broken.

They also asked about using the fireplace which was a “no” too.

We’ll see how this all plays out in my review. :neutral_face:

Was use of the fireplace on the listing?

Well evidently I got click happy and ticked the box when I first did my listing . I’ve now unticked “fireplace.” I don’t think they saw it on the listing because their reaction to seeing it (a rather large focal point in the living room) was one of surprise and excitement at the thought of using it.

I’m only open from the end of March to the first weekend in November. Now is the only time that approaches cool enough temps for a fire and it’s not all that cool. As I mentioned I told them about the bird’s nest (there really is one) but we are also under an air stagnation advisory so a fire wouldn’t have been possible anyway (didn’t think about that when I told them no because of the bird’s nest).

I would definitely not tick the fireplace box. Insurance is invalidated if the chimney doesn’t have a certificate of sweeping every year and a carbon monoxide detector. Your STR insurance would need to agree to guests using an open fire.
I wouldn’t let guests use it at all. There was an episode of Grand Designs where a thatched cottage owner in the New Forest ended up with nothing when it burnt to the ground and insurance wouldn’t pay up.