Bookings are very much down VRBO/HomeAway - do others have same experience?

Now that’s a great question that we should all be pondering.

1 Like

I already spent 60K on another bedroom and bath. Thank goodness that benefited my husband and I more. No, there’s a time at which you let the market sort itself out. If it gets to a point where I must charge too little I will just stop renting.

2 Likes

Everyone has to get a esta… It takes 24 hours to process and costs $14. Brits can hold it for two years then need to pay the $14 again.

What the heck is that? Do Americans need it to travel there?

Yes everyone can but it depends on where you have traveled in the past. If you’ve visited certain countries you have to go in person and it’s a bit more difficult. This is only for coming into the USA.

It’s a visa - you even need it if you are transiting through the states. Which really pisses me off - I avoid coming through LA when I go back to NZ. You don’t need it if you’re American! :slight_smile:

I’m wondering what the situation is for non-citizen ‘permanent residents’ who live in the States.

Green card people? I’m not sure - do they go through the us citizen line at the airport? Checkout the esta website

Yes, green card-carrying ‘resident aliens’ (take me to your leader). We go through the citizen line because we aren’t tourists on the visa waiver, we have full residency visas. I’ll check the site :slight_smile:

I checked the site. It says:

All eligible international travelers who wish to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization.

So I guess I’m in the clear?

Haha funny how it says alien on the customs paper you fill to give passport control - I thought it was a bit rude! Yeah your fine :slight_smile: my colleague is from Coatia & her esta goes for ten years … I’m not sure what the uk (or NZ) did to deserve only two :cry: … Money making …

Yes, it makes me feel that I should be a little green person with antennae! It also says on the site:

Travelers traveling on valid visas are not required to apply for an ESTA.

So I’m OK :slight_smile:

Your friend has an actual visa, not an ESTA.

@jaquo
My husband is French and a permanent resident of the USA with a green card or permanent resident card. That’s all he needs to get back into the states.

Me too, although I haven’t been out of the country for several years so this was all new to me :slight_smile:

I can’t really tell, my views count are still pretty high but my inquiries have decreased, I don’t know if that’s an overall phase or it that is so because I am almost fully booked

1 Like

No problem in Sweden.

Hi fellow Hosts
We also noticed a decline on HA and VRBO. We actually made contact with three separate inquiries that did not materialize, asking what caused their not following through … (BTW …all were European inquiries). BELIEVE IT OF NOT; TWO of the contacts said that with what is happening with Trump and the US election season, that they were worried about riots and other maheem in the USA.
Never thought of that as a reason to not visit the USA, but that’s what they mentioned!

4 Likes

Oh Lordy!!! Sad to say but it’s a real worry…but only if the clown (a member of his own party this morning called him the Cheeto Jesus, LOL) actually has a chance and gets elected. Which I seriously don’t think is going to happen. Every day he says another thing so off the rails his poll numbers are thankfully plummeting.

1 Like

Unfortunately the name “come back kid” was taken, or “nine life master”, but our European friends still have vivid memories of our reelection of young George Bush, questioning our sanity before. Tourism suffered greatly during his tenure. Will Trump do even better before even being elected?

1 Like