Booking.com and time that cancellation will process

I haven’t used Booking.com in a very long and of course my very first booking needs to be cancelled. Just like the last two bookings well over a year ago. Guests just do not read.

Anyway, so guest booked for the wrong date. I told her to cancel on her computer and she did. It’s only been a few minutes. But any idea if my calendar will be updated shortly or if this will take many hours?

Also, for those of you who charge clean fees…are your guests paying attention to the final total before submitting? Have any of your guests said it was only supposed to be such and such amount. And then they are balking at the clean fee?

Is there a way to set the first two nights at a higher rate, and then if the guest books 3rd, 4th, and 5th night they will have a discounted rate?

Are you having any issues with guests stating they will be arriving early.

I went through the process as a guest. And I see on the screen where you enter your name the guest can say when they are arriving. I didn’t see anything in that section that stated my check in time is 4 p.m.

Nor does it block a guest from selecting an earlier arrival time in the drop down menu.

The guest who cancelled had written in the message field that she would be arriving between 3-4.

This is ridiculous.

I love how they put the “important - read me” link in tiny letters in the upper left hand corner of the screen so that the eye is not drawn to that area.

I also notice the final break down is in the same section and that’s likely why this guest said she was surprised the total came to over $300 just for one night. Sigh…

Any idea if I need to do something in my dashboard so that Booking.com doesn’t charge me commission next month?

I can’t recall if the guest initiating the cancellation will suffice, or if I need to edit something.

If the guest cancel it will be automactly no commission for you

“Also, for those of you who charge clean fees…are your guests paying attention to the final total before submitting? Have any of your guests said it was only supposed to be such and such amount. And then they are balking at the clean fee?”

Yes we had some problems in the past (clients are not reading the booking confirmation and for some countries it’s said the price and under the cleaning fee X not included in the price). I always send a price confirmation as they book, if they complained and not agree I ask booking to call the client (they call and talk with the client that will accept or cancel the booking).

The cancelation and free on your calendar should be done few minutes after the client is canceling if I remember right

“Is there a way to set the first two nights at a higher rate, and then if the guest books 3rd, 4th, and 5th night they will have a discounted rate?”

Yes you can do that on promotion , add promotion, basic deal," How long do guests need to stay to use this promotion?", select 3

1 Like

Thanks sylvain.

It’s really such a shame that the sites are so focused on getting a traveler to make a booking. And they could care less if that traveler understands what they are purchasing. What a waste of everyone’s time.

I might try the promotions feature and see if I can spread the clean fee over the first two nights, and then the subsequent nights are just the regular nightly rate. But if I do that then Booking.com will take 15% of the clean fee.

Sigh…