Blood stains lots!

Oh, Mother noticed it. Has anyone seen Father? Is there really a daughter?
Apologies. Listening to true crime podcasts while cleaning.

2 Likes

Whose bike? Hopefully not yours…

That’s your choice to feel like they disrespected you/your property. This is a business, the guests pay they stay and they leave. It is not personal. It can be hard not to take things personally but it is necessary for me as I prefer not to be pissed off at my guests.

2 Likes

No their own mountain bike.

Not sure how to review now.

My first question to myself is - Would i have them back? Would I want another host to have them…review from there.

I might have missed it, but I’m not sure if this happened before their stay or during.

Whichever way, the girl had obviously had a very nasty accident and although I agree with RR about hosts not taking things personally, I tend to think that the spirit of hospitality is lacking here if the host wants to charge the guests for bloodstained sheets.

Blood easily washes out so I’m not surprised that they wouldn’t pay.

One way to think about reviews is to always review briefly but honestly. Then other hosts can decide for themselves.

1 Like

I would tread carefully, a review can show as much or more about a host as it does a guest.

3 Likes

Upsetting, but not intentional damage. In this business, goodwill is important and compassion goes a long way…I’d put it down as the cost of doing business.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Wtf

Great point, I couldn’t agree more.

RR

I’m with the folks who say it’s the cost of doing business. It must be, at least at some level, traumatic to have your child injured while traveling. Eat the cost, though it’s too late to back off of asking her to pay. In terms of doing business, it’s a nominal expense over a year, and something you might budget for. Your concern for the welfare of her daughter might have netted positive reviews and return visits in the future. Still not too late for that.

1 Like