Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Blocking dates to ask questions

I recently had a person sending a request for one week in September. In the text he stated that he did not want to book those dates. The 4 days he actually wanted were booked already. But he liked my place so much that he wanted to ask me about similar apartments close by. I did not want to decline on my behalf for concern of bad records so I pre-qualified this and put the ball of cancellation in his court. I tried to be helpful and told him of my neighbours apartment giving the mail adress in a fashion that I hoped Airbnb would not detect as a mail adress but it was blocked anyway. The guy started efforts of giving me cryptical hints of his mail adress, which also did not work. I grew a bit tired of this and told him that the other apartment is also on Airbnb and very easy to find. I also explained that he was blocking my Calendar. He then wanted me to explain how to find the other property on Airbnb which pretty much started to piss me off. I asked him to immediately cancel his request to unblock my Calendar only to receive the reply he had no idea how to do this. In the end I had to cancel on my side since this dragged on for 3 days already and my calendar was blocked.
Now my questions: Can a cancellation on my side have consequences? How much time do guests have to react to a pre-qualification before it runs out and the calender dates will be open again (perhaps I should have just let it run out without cancelling)?
Thanks all, Mark

I didn’t think prequalifies blocked the calendar. Site says they expire in 24 hours. You can go look at your calendar without logging in. That’ll tell you what dates are blocked.

I had a local host send me a request that wasn’t a request. They were organizing a host gathering that I believe was to include some pretty hefty pr for their financial advisory business. It annoyed me because I HAD to respond or get a ding on my response rate. I just found that rude…

thanks Stephanie, I think you are correct. I am not sure but it is possible the dates were marked in gray instead of green. My fault then. Still, a lot of actions on Airbnb I find confusing. But that could be my age…

Why don’t you explain?!!

lamentable no en mi caso, Billy Bob

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!