Blank message. What to do?

This has happened to me several times.
When I raised it, they sent me a link to ‘A 6-year-old’s guide to how to leave a review’.
After breaking down my issue description into smaller, more digestible chunks a little kid could comprehend, they said they had looked into it and it was fixed.

And it happened again!

1 Like

And there’ll be world peace :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey a girl can dream :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Dream away, girl! :relieved:

Dreaming costs nothing, aside from missing the morning bus and being late to work, perhaps!

1 Like

The Facebook groups are reporting this same thing too. Come on … 31 billion dollar company needs to fix this asap. What is it Astaire… you are a tech chap! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

LOL @konacoconutz, this is not so much a technical issue as a management one. The folks in charge at Airbnb can’t seem to hire the right engineers. I could come with a long list of things on the Airbnb software that need fixing.

Or maybe I’ll build my own hosting platform. Let’s call it astairebnb :smile:

4 Likes

Do we get top hats to wear? If so I am in.

2 Likes

Yeah! And you can leave your hat on!

And it’ll be better than putting on the Ritz!! :smile:

1 Like

Love it!! Let’s do it!!!

1 Like

Haha, glad to hear you’re in favour of this @konacoconutz! We must now convene a meeting - we can use the Six Thinking Hats approach to come up with the plan!!

I just got a message from someone saying they can’t book, that they keep getting asked for a photo. I can see a clear photo in their profile.

I see the same problem across several users on Smartbnb. There is ABSOLUTELY no metadata associated with the conversation. Guests have apparently genuinely not sent any message; it’s not that Airbnb didn’t relay the message; there were, really, no messages at all from the guest. Seems like a conversation is started out of the blue.

Which should be a very serious concern.

3 Likes

The blank messages keep coming in. I got 2 today.

Got two, myself. My first thought was virus or ransomware. Let’s hope not. Interestingly, I’ve also suddenly received a string of cancellations. I usually get one on occasion, but I’ve had 6 in two days with no note from the guest (they usually send one). Might be unrelated, but kind of odd.

I got one today. Do you usually ask the person if they meant to send you a msg?

You could always ask the guest to confirm the cancellation if in doubt.

I wonder if this is in some weird way connected to what I found here:

Astaire1h
I wonder if this is in some weird way connected to what I found here:

No email came saying Your Guest has Left you a Review
For a recent checkout, I just noticed that on my Profile > Reviews page it says ‘Leave a review so you can see theirs’ implying he’s left me a review. However, I’ve not received any email saying he’s reviewed. Has anyone else observed this? Have they stopped sending email notifications when someone reviews? – a hypothetical scenario discussed on some thread I read here recently.

This is what happened to me, an hour previous to this I got the blank message, made the thread and people started talking on it.
Then I got the review my guest followed by my guest has reviewed within quick order. I did my review and as of this moment I still can not see her review. When I check her page I can see my review but it is not reflected in her review count.

Since then I have not have had normal conversations with other guests and bookings.

Looks like we discussed this yesterday :slight_smile:

Forgive my lack of caffene for my inability to check the thread.

1 Like