BIGGGG Party and Now no more airbnb in my building

I agree. The only reason my 1 bed 1 bath sleeps 4 is because it’s a separate structure and I usually only allow more that 2 when it is a family. If mine was in a joined structure with neighbors other than myself it would be a different story.

I was looking at a listing similar to that. two bedroom (one sofa bed) one bath, Sleeps 6, space for more with an air mattress. She’s been on airbnb 2 years and has 49 reviews 5 stars across the board. I doubt she has neighbors complaining but I don’t have any way of knowing that. I think the key is, she’s renting out a mother in law apartment and she’s right there. People who have off site rentals, probably with self check in and no security cameras are asking for trouble. Partiers don’t want to go to a family home with “mom” watching.

1 Like

So if we two were staying with you you’d set it to 3 - 5? As I said above, the two of us tend to have eight devices that are using wifi when we travel.

Therefore you can see why this really isn’t convincing me.

Forgive me for being daft, but does this mean that Mac laptops don’t count? What about other products such as iPhones and iPads?

1 Like

What about phones connected to their own source of data or wifi?

1 Like

How would this work exactly and what is the range? For example, our rental is 490 or less square feet. There is an apartment directly below and one next door (shared wall). Can this box distinguish between our rental and the one below or next door?

1 Like

Sounds like a peaceful party, Robert - lol. You must be looking at router data - which uses a different counting method. Our algorithm will exclude most of these devices. Best guess - on the Party Squasher app, you would see your iPods and Apple TV, so maybe 4 extra devices… Assuming these devices stay in the house when you rent it, you could exclude them via the Smart Detect settings. One other tip: Party Squasher is ideal for detached houses versus apartment buildings. Ping us using the ‘contact’ area of our website if you want to chat more? These are all good questions :slight_smile:

Good call - depending on where your router is placed, you may pick up your neighbor’s activity… Is your router located on a shared wall? (Shared wall with your neighbor?). You can adjust your settings down to a small range, but it’s a spherical… so apartments aren’t as ideal as detached homes.

1 Like

Yep Party Squasher picks up phones that are both connected and disconnected to the wifi.

1 Like

The name cracks me up. :laughing:

2 Likes

:joy: Trust me it’s better than “Party Pooper”

3 Likes

:joy: I do love the cultural exchanges on here.

1 Like