Best reason ever to cancel!

I’m sorry I have to cancel! My boyfriend and I are in a very bad situation and we have people threatening to rob us and shoot up our house and kidnap my boyfriend. We don’t feel comfortable leaving our house and pets alone so we decided to cancel. Thank you

10 Likes

And when I was at school the dog ate my homework.

1 Like

Refunded???

I have the ‘moderate’ refund policy on that property, and they were within the 5-day period. I get very few cancellations. But when I get them within the 5-day period, I never grant a refund. Often the guest will call Airbnb, and Airbnb will (of course) grant the refund based on whatever creative story the guest tells.

These people NEED a vacation, goodness! But thankfully, not with you. Whew, glad you avoided that drama.

2 Likes

I would be thanking my lucky stars that they cancelled. Even if there story is questionable, it sounds like a lot of drama you don’t need.

3 Likes

I agree with Jane, thank your lucky stars that they cancelled.

1 Like

extenuating circumstances for sure

Ha! Yes, that is WAY better reading than my last guests’ no-show extenuating circumstances of “We had stuff to do.”

1 Like

Thank goodness they were selflessly thinking of their pets–AND YOU!!

1 Like

Skillfully contrived to make sure you were glad they canceled. Badabing!

I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn’t have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

1 Like

I use that last sentence (from the Blues Brothers!) All. The. Time. :rofl:

1 Like