Benefit to having multiple Airbnb host accounts

If you have multiple listings, would you see benefit in opening and maintaining a separate Airbnb account for each listing? I think risk is more distributed that way, but obviously, I’d have to worry about qualifying for super host multiple times (separately for each listing)… and managing the accounts would be harder and more time consuming.

1 Like

A little confused - th risk of what? @skylar

I manage several properties, my own and for other people. I have them all on separate accounts so that way the owners can get paid directly and then I invoice them. Also I think on AirBnB people would rather rent from an individual than a company where everything is under one company umbrella. It’s a bit of a pain to log in and out- but not too terrible

1 Like

My understanding of the terms of service is that one individual is not permitted to have more than one Airbnb account. However, hosts can apparently now have “co-hosts” on an account…I’m not sure though if this means you could operate many different accounts…

2 Likes

No, I have multiple listings in 1 account.

The big advantage is that reviews are shared between listings.
A new listing gets booked a lot easier that way, because potential guests can see that you have plenty of good reviews for the other listings you have.

2 Likes

This service is strictly for a single rental per host. Having multiple accounts by the same person is what AirBNB is currently eliminating. Further if you are co-hosting the owner of the rental must be the name on the account so the money is transferred to their account and thus they pay the taxes. You have to use the co-hosting function to do what you are implying to get the taxes and fees right.

I currently host for 1 owner and a second owner would like me to co host. How do I go about co hosting for different people? If I have both listings on 1 account, would the owners be able to view messages from each other’s properties? Thanks very much in advance for any advice

This is really a host forum… I don’t think most of use are co hosts. You might want to call Airbnb and ask.

1 Like

can i ask you why you don’t have yourself set up as a co-host, that way you don’t have to bill them later?

1 Like