Bedding that does not ironing

You didn’t upset me. I just don’t do upscale by any means, nor do I claim to offer that to my guests.
My bedding and ensemble consists of a great mattress, a quality mattress cover, sheets from Target, (I have 6 sets and I rotate them out), and admittedly a really good quality down comforter inside a nice duvet and a nice coverlet over it. But basically, I’m a person who works really hard and I covet my bed time, so I give guests the same experience I want in my bed—comfort, comfort, comfort! The three days of summer (that was humor), the down is replaced with a very nice blanket under the coverlet.
There is a different market for everyone. I have sparse, simple, quality but not luxury furnishings and appliances. Not much art on the walls, but what is there makes me happy and brings me joy and reinforces the ‘vibe’ of my home which is simple, spiritual, eclectic, with an emphasis on buying from local artisans. No art of museum quality here!
But the big picture supports the experience at my humble abode (which is exactly how I advertise it).
People do not stay at my place because they seek granite countertops and dual rainforest showerheads. They stay here because they are going to be hiking, biking, rafting, kayaking, sitting in front of a bonfire with a brewski or glass of merlot, practicing ‘carry in carry out’, maybe getting a Reiki session by me.
Not everyone wants upscale. I would say 30% of the people that stay with me have MUCH more of a nicer place than I do.
For example, the couple from Manhattan, both established writers of both books and contributors to New Yorker, Vogue, Time, who are also adjunct professors at prestigious colleges. They have a 2500 sq foot apartment overlooking Central Park—they live what you are listing! Or the gentleman from Silicon Valley ( holds the record for the longest stay I ever booked), who flew his bicycle here (which was probably worth more than my car!). Again, I’m sure his digs are much more upscale than mine, but he really got into the nature and peace of the place and enjoyed being a ‘local’ for 7 days, preferring to take his coffee at the only breakfast place in town, which is full of die hard Republicans who don’t even have internet service!
It’s not the sheets. It’s all the other stuff :slight_smile: At least, for my ABB offering.

1 Like

I would like to announce since the post I no longer spend ages ironing only for my bedding to look like I screwed it up into a ball before making the bed. I now iron duvet cover and sheets when on the bed. Yay. Really reduces the time. Thanks for the tip.

When I read this thread, I start to be thankful that I almost always just have Asian guest. And here in China people don’t even iron their own clothes. Many people don’t even have an iron. So no one is complaining about my sheets, even that you can actually see that they are not ironed. :grin:

1 Like

If with my price people still wanted ironned sheets…