Bedbugs - prevention and cure!

Ok.
So I keep seeing reference to bedbugs and how to prevent them and so on, appearing in threads dealing with other matters.
So I thought this issue is important enough to deserve its own thread!
So people,please share your advice. How do I make sure a guests doesn’t bring bed bugs in them and infest my mattresses?
If you refer to any products please give an amazon link or something!

1 Like

Bed bugs are a toxin resistant nightmare! I advise you to get a steamer, wash and steam every item in your house and keep your clothes in bags for a while.
Then buy a product called Diatom X.
Sprinkle this all around your bed and keep a light dusting of it wherever you can. It is not toxic but should not be breathed in since it is made of very fine abrasive minerals. It will cut into the waxy skin of the insects and dehydrate them as they cross the powder. The powder can irritate your eyes. I advise you to wear a mask when sprinkling it. I battled with bedbugs for year and this is the only method that helped. All the commercial toxic sprays seem to be useless. Unfortunately, no commercial pest control company can help you wash all your clothes above 50 C and help you pack everything up.
I keep a light sprinkling of the dust, which comes in white or brown on my carpet, as around the bed legs. I do not wish to re-live the nightmare of bedbugs in the house. I would not advise you to use a pest control company, unless you want to spend hundreds of pounds in vain and have your house sprayed with ineffective poisons.

Diatomaceous earth works!
‘DiatomX’

Thanks Yoko. I hope I don’t get bed bugs, but if we do, your advice will be invaluable!

Bedbugs may enter your home undetected through luggage, clothing, used beds and couches, and other items. Vacuum your bed and surrounding area frequently. Repair cracks in plaster and glue down peeling wallpaper to get rid of places bedbugs can hide. Clean bedding, linens, curtains, and clothing in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer setting. Place stuffed animals, shoes, and other items that can’t be washed in the dryer and run on high for 30 minutes. Use a stiff brush to scrub mattress seams to remove bedbugs and their eggs before vacuuming. For a safer procedure you may also contact bed bug pest control Sacramento, as they know how to use the products safely and are also experts in using them.

I think i’d just throw out the beds and mattresses and order some new ones from Ikea. No point in taking chances or losing three weeks of booking time for remediation.

I just ordered moisture and bed bug proof liners for all my mattresses and pillows. I figure it’s good to keep dust mites and fluids from those anyway!

Bug Problem is increasing day by day and causing damages to household things like wooden furnitures and Spreading diseases through food.